View Single Post
Old 07-02-2009, 12:37 PM   #10 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannibul View Post
As with anything, you don't know your limits until you exceed them.

Apparently, I found a limit relating to the amount of available traction, and my expectations of what the input I was doing with the car, and the output it gave me.

"Lesson Learned"
Yeah, there was a bit of learning curve for me with this car as well. I came from a much more oversteer-happy car than this one, so in smoother curves I had to learn to actually use the steering wheel more than the throttle to push the car around. On the flipside, when trying to push through quick sharp sliding oversteer corners (or U-turns), I have to give the Z a lot more gas to get the job done. I'm pretty comfortable with handling my Z now, but I've had 7K miles to figure it out already