View Single Post
Old 04-10-2011, 08:35 AM   #9 (permalink)
brian0128
Base Member

Drives: 09 370Z Sport 6MT
brian0128 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 600+whp View Post
How would you get points on an Indiana license with a MD speeding ticket? Every time I've gotten a ticket out of state the points have never transfered, just pay the fine.
There are a combination of things I'm worried about. Not only do I not want any possible points, I don't want it on my record. According to the Drivers License Compact, states can put the points on but usually just record the offense. I don't even want the offense listed on my driving record if possible since I'm in the process of applying for a job that prefers a clean driving record. Even if you don't get points, your insurance can still be raised if the offence is on your record.

Here is the link to IN state law and according to the agreement they "can" put points on. MD has a similar law but doesn't assign points unless it's a DWI, manslaughter, etc...

Indiana Code 9-28-1

I was speeding so I'll take the punishment, I'm just trying to figure out if taking a class will sway the judge to give me Probation Before Judgement or to maybe even just give me a large fine.

Last edited by brian0128; 04-10-2011 at 08:40 AM.
brian0128 is offline   Reply With Quote