View Single Post
Old 04-09-2011, 03:54 AM   #15 (permalink)
Forrest
Track Member

Drives: 09 370z Blk 6mt sprt
Forrest has a reputation beyond reputeForrest has a reputation beyond reputeForrest has a reputation beyond reputeForrest has a reputation beyond reputeForrest has a reputation beyond reputeForrest has a reputation beyond reputeForrest has a reputation beyond reputeForrest has a reputation beyond reputeForrest has a reputation beyond reputeForrest has a reputation beyond reputeForrest has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NXTAZEE View Post
Ok, I applied Opti-coat 2 on the Z today. Initial impressions are very good. Application was very easy, just like Opti-seal. Prep is extensive and "VERY" important. If you are not experienced at machine polishing, best take it to a pro and get the job done right. After that, stripping the paint of any oils, sealants, silicons etc. is crucial in order to get a proper bond. It looks very glossy and reflective, and apparently gets even better as it hardens. I will be doing the rims tomorrow. I removed the wheels, put the snows on, and cleaned them extensively in prep for the Opti-coat 2. I'm looking forward to taking the hose to the paint to see the beading.
I am no machine expert at polishing but I do a okay job for a nub.

Only thing you said that threw me off is if I polish my car via machine, how would I have sealants left on it?
Forrest is offline   Reply With Quote