View Single Post
Old 04-08-2011, 08:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
m4a1mustang
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: on two wheels
m4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond repute

A slight change in weather conditions could make a big difference on your trap speeds. That could explain the marginal difference before/after mods.

Given your 330' and 1/8th times I'm guessing your 60' times are in the 2.3-2.5 range.

How are you launching? Are you dumping the clutch from 2500-3000 RPM? If you are, try to slip it instead so you can manage the power you are putting down for less wheel slip on the launch... and practice, practice, practice!

500' above sea level isn't too bad, but given your humidity issues I think that you might be looking at low 100 mph traps on a good day. You very well could be running mid-13s in better conditions stateside, which is about average for a 6MT Z, but I have a feeling you should be running a high 13 or 14-flat if you can improve your launch.
LIKE us on Facebook!
m4a1mustang is offline   Reply With Quote