View Single Post
Old 04-07-2011, 12:29 PM   #11 (permalink)
shadoquad
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: .
shadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostMarine View Post

do you WANT a DCT/DSG trans?
Do you want BBK
Do you want LSD
Do you Want a powerful car?
Do you want a refined sporty and comfortable interior?

what other cars offer the TOTAL package for the same price?
So, you've just arbitrarily laid out what you want in a sports car.

Heck, for comfy performance, I might take a CTS-V over an M3. For a track toy, I bet a Z06 or boss will pound it. And for pure bang for the buck, I think both the Z and Miata have it beat.

And I'm not sure I agree with the "has to be right off the lot" mentality, as you can take less expensive cars brand new off the lot and beat an M3 with a few bolt-ons, like the Mustang, and still come in under initial purchase price.

But we can disagree. If you want to perceive the M3 as the ultimate end-all, be-all for the sub-100k range, then you're entitled to your opinion, but not everyone will agree, or we'd all be driving the same cars.