View Single Post
Old 06-29-2009, 10:13 PM   #14 (permalink)
Caravanshaka
I shake Caravans

Drives: everyone crazy
Caravanshaka has a reputation beyond reputeCaravanshaka has a reputation beyond reputeCaravanshaka has a reputation beyond reputeCaravanshaka has a reputation beyond reputeCaravanshaka has a reputation beyond reputeCaravanshaka has a reputation beyond reputeCaravanshaka has a reputation beyond reputeCaravanshaka has a reputation beyond reputeCaravanshaka has a reputation beyond reputeCaravanshaka has a reputation beyond reputeCaravanshaka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIGItonium View Post
I'd prefer epoxy over hot glue because it tends to get soft especially in this 100 deg. weather and direct sunlight. Sweet job! I don't have the time and guts to pull apart my headlight assembly.
Epoxy isn't a bad idea to use for mounting. A little more permanent might not be a bad thing

All of the LED's (except that 3rd one from the bottom) fit in there pretty snug without the glue, so I don't foresee any problems with it. Epoxy is a good alternative if you are a little uncomfortable with hot glue.

Time wasn't too bad, I could do a second set in about 6-7 hours...but it definitely takes guts, and it was still nerve racking!
Caravanshaka is offline   Reply With Quote