View Single Post
Old 03-31-2011, 01:24 PM   #85 (permalink)
tjlazer
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Z34, R35
tjlazer is just really nicetjlazer is just really nicetjlazer is just really nicetjlazer is just really nice
Send a message via ICQ to tjlazer Send a message via MSN to tjlazer Send a message via Yahoo to tjlazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZPirate View Post
Mike,

I received the Nismo vinyl pieces today. What is the best way to put them on?

I did one wheel while I was home at lunch. I cleaned the surface first with water and a cloth. Then I dried it with another cloth. Next I applied a lite mist of water so that I could move the vinyl pieces around once I put them on the wheel. Once I got them in place I padded them dry with a cloth. Would using a hair dryer rather than a mist of water help the process? Thanks for your assistance.
I found this was the best way to do it. Just clean the wheels real well and dry. Then remove the letter, and use a razor blade to position the letter on as perfect as you can and press it on with your fingers. Just lightly stick the letter at the furthest edge of the blade so you can easily remove it from the blade when you stick it on. If the letter is not on right, you can remove it and re-apply. The razor blade works great for this as you can use the blade to carefully lift up the edge and remove.

Last edited by tjlazer; 03-31-2011 at 01:27 PM.
tjlazer is offline   Reply With Quote