View Single Post
Old 06-29-2009, 01:14 PM   #50 (permalink)
theDreamer
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z
theDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MursePaolo View Post
new people will lean on the technology supplied. This has been done many times over. If you're going to learn something, why not learn it the right way from the start - by actually doing it? Seriously if someone is gonna get into racing and doesnt know how to blip the throttle, maybe they should think twice about it or do more research. This is something you can practice during daily driving! S-mode ftl.

So because we have technology which makes it easier to track your car and focus on other issues, "new" drivers should not even attempt unless they learn the old way? I am all for learning things which help me fundamentally understand my car better, and heel/toe kinda is one but not a major one in my opinion. I would gladly turn on SRM and worry about how to handle my car better than have to worry about blipping the throttle and making sure I am taking the next turn properly.

New technology will always make things easier or more efficient. Now if it goes against what many have spent years learning and perfecting I can understand them being upset when some new kid comes in thinking he is hot stuff, but on the other side I would embrace the fact that I have access to this technology also and am already better than this new kid. Just because he does not have to heel/toe does not magically make him better or able to handle his car.
theDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote