View Single Post
Old 03-30-2011, 01:58 AM   #16 (permalink)
wdkwang
Track Member

Drives: slidewayz
wdkwang has a reputation beyond reputewdkwang has a reputation beyond reputewdkwang has a reputation beyond reputewdkwang has a reputation beyond reputewdkwang has a reputation beyond reputewdkwang has a reputation beyond reputewdkwang has a reputation beyond reputewdkwang has a reputation beyond reputewdkwang has a reputation beyond reputewdkwang has a reputation beyond reputewdkwang has a reputation beyond repute

ya the cooling is excellent.
i didn't know there were revised versions but i'm sure they are both roughly the same design. i said it was a pain cause you have to mount plates behind the motherboard to support the weight of the v8, which is not so bad when you're first building the pc. i had some major issues with my core i7 setup in the beginning that caused me to do several diagnoses where i had to dismount the v8, which basically requires you to disassemble the entire system. not quite as simple as the smaller cpu coolers that just pop right onto the mobo is what i'm saying.

otherwise, our i7 systems are a beast. i try to make it lag or crash by opening up several memory hogging programs and 50 firefoxes at the same time, and it's just chilling
Powerhouse Amuse | K&N Typhoon Intakes | MotorDyne ART Pipes | Borla Catback Exhaust | B&M Short Shifter | Intake Ducts | Ichiba 25mm F/R Spacers | Carbon Fiber Interior Vinyl Wrap | Tints | 10000k HIDs | Vtak, yo!
wdkwang is offline   Reply With Quote