View Single Post
Old 03-28-2011, 10:20 PM   #16 (permalink)
wayneosan
Base Member

Drives: A dyno @ T1
wayneosan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordo! View Post
What -- just with high octane? Anything with a high O2 content, sure, but just high octane shouldn't do that.
I think he was talking about nitromethane. That's funny stuff. Do that on this engine and this is what will happen..

Every fuel has it's place.

Regarding additives; has anyone pulled the plugs to ensure they aren't leaving deposits? You know, I just had a Mustang the other day, ALL 4 o2's were smoked because the previous tuner told them that additives are ok. I am all about more hp, but I've seen time and time again o2's smoked when running an additive. I never really kept up with which ones are harmful, I know there are some with a hint of... I believe manganese (?) and I want to say, the Torco blended additive ruins o2 sensors also (I know there's more) I would say, if you want, and I hate to say it, use pure methanol and a methanol injection kit. (racing methanol, not denatured alcohol like I used to run) M-1,5 or whatever. Keep it on a switch and have UPrev map switching function for a separate map. There all the time for when someone is talking trash...

Unlike a TURBO car, if your kit cuts out you just loose a bit of power assuming you aren't running insane timing. I'll never use meth injection on a turbo car again. Too risky.

What do you guys think? I'd love to see someone try this for a back to back comparison.
wayneosan is offline   Reply With Quote