View Single Post
Old 03-27-2011, 03:01 AM   #1 (permalink)
oleg
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2011 370z 6mt sp
oleg will become famous soon enough
Default Race Track Questions

I just had a few questions about going to the track with your car, Ive been trying to research on it but i cannot either get the answers or they aren't very clear. I am not trying to become a professional race car driver just had general curiosity questions?

1) Do I need any type of racing license to be able to go to any race track, but more specifically Road America (if they even let the public on).
2) What are the different types of racing licenses you can get for racing cars (URL?)
3) Can anyone get an F1 license and maybe rent an F1 car if they pass the required tests and acquire their license? (I know it will be very expensive, just something I would want to do at least once in my life).
4) Can anyone enter races like the Le Mans 24 hour race considering they have thee right car for it just not the sponsorship or is it invitation only? (Just curious, not actually planning to do this).
5) Assuming that they let the public on the Road America track what days can you go there because on their schedule it only specifies the big race dates.
6) A link to some kind of rule book that shows what mods are needed for different kinds of race classes.
7) Any other tracks around Illinois that you wouldn't have to pay 30k for a membership? (Could be neer by states).
oleg is offline   Reply With Quote