View Single Post
Old 03-23-2011, 11:43 PM   #5 (permalink)
geetee
Base Member

Drives: '11 Z Touring+Sport
geetee is on a distinguished road

I was having a lot of trouble finding a helpful dealer in southern New York. I didn't see any new coupes in person -- only a few leftover roadsters. The few I saw in online inventories were either Black Cherry (no thanks) or not even close to the options I wanted. I literally sat down online and searched through all 111 dealers within 400 miles.

Finally the 4th dealership I walked into was very helpful and had my Z ordered in under an hour at just a hair over invoice. I might have been lucky because they were able to claim an unallocated car that just recently got into port an hour away. Admittedly, I might have been treated better than usual because I was referred to the dealership manager by a prior colleague of his. But honestly, it couldn't have been easier for them to search the area: plug in the options and a radius.

I had to give up on blue and got my second choice instead, gun metallic. I recommend going to a dealership ready to buy and have your salesperson search the area. If they won't search, try to get a hold of the manager. It really is quick and painless for them to do. I feel the majority of them are just lazy or want to make you wait for who knows what reason. Good luck!
geetee is offline   Reply With Quote