View Single Post
Old 06-27-2009, 12:13 AM   #36 (permalink)
m4a1mustang
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: on two wheels
m4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond repute

I deal with a lot of wealthy clients that don't own a house. Lots of them rent (especially if they live in the city) and some may own some vacation property elsewhere.

Some people say it's a waste of money to rent, but for some people the ease of apartment living is worth it. It's as much a financial decision as it is one of personal preference whether you ultimately own or rent.

As far as the whole living with the parents thing... as soon as I graduated from school I lived with my parents for a while paying rent. I could have easily bought some ridiculous car and lived with them paying cheap rent but there's no way in hell I was going to do that. Like someone else said, it's all about priorities.

I sacrifice nothing to own my Z. I live in the apartment I want and have all the crap I want and need to call it home. The Z is just an accessory. I know a lot of people stretch to be able to afford the car that they really want, and many do it at the expense of their living standards. I know there are people that can only own their Z's because they are paying discounted rent at their parent's house. If they are content with being confined to living under their parents wing until they get a fat raise or pay their car off that's fine... but it's never something I could see myself doing.
LIKE us on Facebook!
m4a1mustang is offline   Reply With Quote