View Single Post
Old 03-23-2011, 03:40 AM   #92 (permalink)
1slow370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: v8 74 260z ;)
1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staples View Post
I understand that they're not linked... you're right, but as I said before it still boils down to the tune and MAF position. You don't need the knock sensors to pull timing if there isn't any type of detonation present. What would have caused the detonation from the get-go? Fuel, tune, too high of cylinder temperatures because of the boost spike maybe.
STFU about the MAF sensor placement draw through is the most accurate way to meter airflow in any setup unless a blowoff valve is venting or the bypass valve is routed improperly. the sensors in our cars cannot detect pressure above atmospheric so to go blow through you cannot compensate for boost pressure beyond setting the fuel trims to a safe envelope for what the "expected boost" the setup will make. Tell me how many oem blow through setups exist? oh none. blow through is used in cases where the volume of uncompressed air exceeds the MAF sensors maximum flow, or when an open BOV is used, OEM's go draw through because they are all recirculated to keep noise down, and they can design the MAF sensor around the setup because they are OEM. What may be important is mass airflow sensor SIZE if the stillen supercharger draws more air than the meters can support, then they would have needed to use larger diameter piping around the sensor and compensated for this in the ecu.

Either way I say detonation caused by bad fuel and ignition settings in the tune blowing the piston up, that or unrelated mechanical failure such as as a spun bearing causing the rod to blow and the piston got munched by the crank on the way out.
Answers (correct) - - - - - - - - - - $12.50
1slow370 is offline   Reply With Quote