Thread: Paddle Shifters
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2009, 01:31 PM   #26 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdawg410 View Post
god o god, stop buying this car in automatic. For crying out loud, I'm not andretti but it is certainly a sin to buy the coupe in an automatic. If you must purchase an automatic, wait till the convertible comes out so you can ride along with the 25 year old ladies who buy the car "cause it's pretty". I don' t mean to hate, but c'mon.... really!!!!
I think you do mean to hate, a disclaimer at the end doesn't really change anything. This car has a great 7AT and there's nothing wrong with it. Read my journal and tell me I bought it to make it look pretty. Or come take me on at a track down here with your 6MT and show me how big your e-penis is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sibze View Post
I would agree. My step Brother owns a corvette and has the auto and in NO WAY is it the same as having the paddles... Paddles are the future of all transmissions... Sorry but just look at the fastest race cars (F1) there is no clutch in those cars and they 100% shift faster then a human can...

Also if you look at the new Porsche 911 turbo, the paddle shifting has a faster 0 to 60 than the manual...

Down to the point having control over the gears by using the paddles is a manual without the clutch...
I agree that sequential-manuals are the future, but the 7AT is no closer to that ideal than the 6MT, they're just coming at it from different sides. There's a huge difference in the shift times (and drivetrain losses) between a real auto like our 7AT and a real SMG like Porsche and the GT-R have.