Nissan 370Z Forum

Nissan 370Z Forum (http://www.the370z.com/)
-   Detailing / Washing / Waxing / Cosmetic Maintenance and Repair (http://www.the370z.com/detailing-washing-waxing-cosmetic-maintenance-repair/)
-   -   Optimum Opti-Coat (http://www.the370z.com/detailing-washing-waxing-cosmetic-maintenance-repair/33655-optimum-opti-coat.html)

KravMaga 03-25-2011 08:56 AM

Optimum Opti-Coat
 
Optimum Opti-Coat 2.0 Permanent Paint Coating FREE BONUS

Might try this on Xterra b4 Z gets here. Anyone have experience with this or similar products? I use their polishes and like them a lot...interesting product though. Don't know if this is new on the market because I don't get a chance to detail in the winter except interiors.

Forrest 03-26-2011 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KravMaga (Post 1010656)
Optimum Opti-Coat 2.0 Permanent Paint Coating FREE BONUS

Might try this on Xterra b4 Z gets here. Anyone have experience with this or similar products? I use their polishes and like them a lot...interesting product though. Don't know if this is new on the market because I don't get a chance to detail in the winter except interiors.

I have not tried it but I want to so bad.

Jordo! 03-26-2011 11:44 PM

I dunno... it has that "too good to be true" vibe... never heard of it.

Armonster 03-27-2011 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jordo! (Post 1013740)
I dunno... it has that "too good to be true" vibe... never heard of it.

Thinking the same thing. Anyone have more info?

Xan 03-27-2011 03:23 AM

It's the consumer version of Opti-guard.

It gives you 30 minutes of curing time vs 2 to 5 on the Opti-guard

You have to make sure your paint is the way you want it before applying it, because it has no fillers. But basically it does what it says...

Forrest 03-28-2011 04:03 AM

Can I get a Junkman opinion on this product?

christian370z 03-28-2011 11:29 AM

If any of you have doubts of this product, this is a must read:



http://www.autopia.org/forum/car-det...st-review.html

Armonster 03-28-2011 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by christian370z (Post 1016483)
If any of you have doubts of this product, this is a must read:



http://www.autopia.org/forum/car-det...st-review.html

Wow.

NXTAZEE 03-29-2011 08:25 PM

This product is the real deal. Lots have used it over on Autopia where I have been a member for many years. Professional detailers there who I respect are using it with fantastic results. I have a bunch on order for my customers as well. For our Z's it's the perfect solution for soft clear coats. Opti-coat 2 is harder than most clear coats and is permanent as the resin and pre polymers cross link with your clear to form a permanent bond with your paint. It measures 2-5 microns thick, about 100x thicker than a sealant. I am very exited about this product. Dr. G at OPT has been developing this for many years. Any way I will post my personal impressions when I have done my 370 in the next week or so.

Forrest 03-31-2011 10:19 AM

Ill be waiting. I think I will be using it also.

Armonster 03-31-2011 11:32 AM

I'm getting this applied in a week and a half. I will let you all know how it goes. Thanks to NXTAZEE for helping me find a good detailer in ATL and also confirming with Optimum that opti-coat can be applied over a clear bra.

NXTAZEE 04-08-2011 10:35 PM

Ok, I applied Opti-coat 2 on the Z today. Initial impressions are very good. Application was very easy, just like Opti-seal. Prep is extensive and "VERY" important. If you are not experienced at machine polishing, best take it to a pro and get the job done right. After that, stripping the paint of any oils, sealants, silicons etc. is crucial in order to get a proper bond. It looks very glossy and reflective, and apparently gets even better as it hardens. I will be doing the rims tomorrow. I removed the wheels, put the snows on, and cleaned them extensively in prep for the Opti-coat 2. I'm looking forward to taking the hose to the paint to see the beading.

Armonster 04-09-2011 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NXTAZEE (Post 1042977)
Ok, I applied Opti-coat 2 on the Z today. Initial impressions are very good. Application was very easy, just like Opti-seal. Prep is extensive and "VERY" important. If you are not experienced at machine polishing, best take it to a pro and get the job done right. After that, stripping the paint of any oils, sealants, silicons etc. is crucial in order to get a proper bond. It looks very glossy and reflective, and apparently gets even better as it hardens. I will be doing the rims tomorrow. I removed the wheels, put the snows on, and cleaned them extensively in prep for the Opti-coat 2. I'm looking forward to taking the hose to the paint to see the beading.

Awesome, great to hear! Opti-coat is going on mine tomorrow after a full prep by JC. Hope it looks as good on black. Let us know what happens when/if you try to wax it. I have been using Optimum Car Wax recently because its so easy to use, but I wonder if it will even stick to the opti-coat.

NXTAZEE 04-09-2011 01:07 AM

Thats great Armon. I'm sure it will be totally awesome. No, nothing will stick to the surface after Opti-Coat. You will be wasting money tying to top it. Let me know how every thing works out for you.


Quote:

Originally Posted by Armonster (Post 1043246)
Awesome, great to hear! Opti-coat is going on mine tomorrow after a full prep by JC. Hope it looks as good on black. Let us know what happens when/if you try to wax it. I have been using Optimum Car Wax recently because its so easy to use, but I wonder if it will even stick to the opti-coat.


Forrest 04-09-2011 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NXTAZEE (Post 1042977)
Ok, I applied Opti-coat 2 on the Z today. Initial impressions are very good. Application was very easy, just like Opti-seal. Prep is extensive and "VERY" important. If you are not experienced at machine polishing, best take it to a pro and get the job done right. After that, stripping the paint of any oils, sealants, silicons etc. is crucial in order to get a proper bond. It looks very glossy and reflective, and apparently gets even better as it hardens. I will be doing the rims tomorrow. I removed the wheels, put the snows on, and cleaned them extensively in prep for the Opti-coat 2. I'm looking forward to taking the hose to the paint to see the beading.

I am no machine expert at polishing but I do a okay job for a nub.

Only thing you said that threw me off is if I polish my car via machine, how would I have sealants left on it?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:37 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2