Nissan 370Z Forum

Nissan 370Z Forum (http://www.the370z.com/)
-   Audio & Video (http://www.the370z.com/audio-video/)
-   -   Focal 165VB, need opinion (http://www.the370z.com/audio-video/42156-focal-165vb-need-opinion.html)

Quartermaine 09-05-2011 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TreeSemdyZee (Post 1298588)
Kenwood KFC-P708 Component speakers in front.
Infinity Kappa 32.9cf in back.
Kenwood DNX9960 head unit.
I don't have an external amp and I get plenty of sound for my liking. I'm old though. :rolleyes:

How do you like it compare to the stock?

bigaudiofanat 09-05-2011 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quartermaine (Post 1298741)
I see. That will save me some money and put it toward other stuff :tup:.

Which components would you use to set up the car (a convertible)? What would you do if you were to set it up to your liking (with the focals as the front speakers)?

It is really too bad that you are on the east coast...


Hey that can be arranged. PM and we will talk :tup:

http://www.the370z.com/audio-video/8...a-install.html

I would angle the tweeters to be aimed directly at you with fiberglass pods. Maybe a sub for extra bass because you lose a lot with a convertible. At least 100 watts to them for fast driving with loud clean music.

symple84 09-05-2011 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigaudiofanat (Post 1298947)
Hey that can be arranged. PM and we will talk :tup:

http://www.the370z.com/audio-video/8...a-install.html

I would angle the tweeters to be aimed directly at you with fiberglass pods. Maybe a sub for extra bass because you lose a lot with a convertible. At least 100 watts to them for fast driving with loud clean music.

Is there a major difference in mounting the tweeters in the stock location??

bigaudiofanat 09-05-2011 09:54 PM

Yes, running them aimed to you "on axis" especially with focal tweeters will be more smooth and less harsh than running them in the stock location.

symple84 09-05-2011 10:55 PM

I would imagine those have to be custom made right?

bigaudiofanat 09-05-2011 10:56 PM

Yep

butdamnbrian 09-05-2011 11:52 PM

OP where in CA are you located?

also, i'm running focals v. similar to the set you're planning to install..

Quartermaine 09-06-2011 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by butdamnbrian (Post 1299117)
OP where in CA are you located?

also, i'm running focals v. similar to the set you're planning to install..

I am in southern California. I did a search before I posted this and your build post came up. It looked awesome. How does it sound?

butdamnbrian 09-06-2011 02:24 AM

it sounds great, man. i'm really liking the focals... you won't be disappointed.

i'm curious.. what are your install goals? i found it was a useful exercise to list out my goals at the outset, and my goals really drove my install decisions. plus my installer was ridiculous; great guy.

if you're not going to install yourself and are looking for an installer who's somewhat more local, check out the guy who did mine:

Home

he gets cars up from LA pretty frequently.

anyway, if you have any more specific questions, i can try to help.

Quartermaine 09-06-2011 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by butdamnbrian (Post 1299213)
it sounds great, man. i'm really liking the focals... you won't be disappointed.

i'm curious.. what are your install goals? i found it was a useful exercise to list out my goals at the outset, and my goals really drove my install decisions. plus my installer was ridiculous; great guy.

if you're not going to install yourself and are looking for an installer who's somewhat more local, check out the guy who did mine:

Home

he gets cars up from LA pretty frequently.

anyway, if you have any more specific questions, i can try to help.

Thanks! I will pm you later. And thanks Matt for your advice. Thanks again guys.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:32 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2