Nissan 370Z Forum

Nissan 370Z Forum (http://www.the370z.com/)
-   Audio & Video (http://www.the370z.com/audio-video/)
-   -   Stereo Integrity TM65 MkII drivers... (http://www.the370z.com/audio-video/123167-stereo-integrity-tm65-mkii-drivers.html)

ChopsZ 08-11-2017 08:38 AM

Stereo Integrity TM65 MkII drivers...
 
As I'm slowly building my SQ system, I'm pondering these Stereo Integrity TM65 MkII 6.5" drivers for my doors, and possibly upgrading my Memphis 2.75" dash drivers to the Stereo Integrity 1" XBL^2 tweeters.

So tell me about these mid-bass drivers. Anyone use them or heard them?

Years back, I had their 12" sub and that thing sounded excellent powered by a JL Slash amp in a small sealed enclosure.

Looking forward to your thoughts! Many thanks in advance!

RonRizz 08-11-2017 09:10 AM

Currently installed in my car.
I used his version 1, which were great, and pre-ordered the version 2, even better...
I listened to the v2's, and ordered a second set, just to have on the shelf for a rainy day.
I also use the 1" tweeters, and the MK4 Sub.
The v2's are excellent, and sound better than most that cost 5 times as much.
Any product that Nick puts out for Car Audio I will buy in a heartbeat. They are Just that good.
Check the thread at DIYMA for may other opinions. 99% match mine

Jayhovah 08-11-2017 09:59 AM

I look forward to your FS thread on the Memphis' ;)

ChopsZ 08-11-2017 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonRizz (Post 3684271)
Currently installed in my car.
I used his version 1, which were great, and pre-ordered the version 2, even better...
I listened to the v2's, and ordered a second set, just to have on the shelf for a rainy day.
I also use the 1" tweeters, and the MK4 Sub.
The v2's are excellent, and sound better than most that cost 5 times as much.
Any product that Nick puts out for Car Audio I will buy in a heartbeat. They are Just that good.
Check the thread at DIYMA for may other opinions. 99% match mine

Just to update you, I bought a brand new pair of MkII's along with the matching tweeters from a member over on DIYMA. Really cool guy. He has an amp I might be buying as well. It's a barely used Arc XDi 1200.6.

And here I told myself a few weeks back I was "only" going to upgrade the head unit to get BT streaming... :facepalm:


Quote:

Originally Posted by Jayhovah (Post 3684280)
I look forward to your FS thread on the Memphis' ;)

LOL! I bet you do. You'll have first dibs on it! ;)

RonRizz 08-12-2017 05:42 AM

You will be pleased with both sets, I promise you.

ChopsZ 08-12-2017 10:36 AM

I know I will be. They're excellent speakers from what I've read so far.

Also, I bought that Arc amp last night as well as Zenclosure spacers for the doors.

I guess this system isn't coming along too slowly, huh?... LOL

BTW, do you have any pics of your current setup? Just curious.

RonRizz 08-12-2017 01:54 PM

Nissan 370Z Forum - RonRizz's Album: Latest rendition of stereo setup

ChopsZ 08-12-2017 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonRizz (Post 3684609)

Nice! I see what you did there with the "Z" emblem. A good cover up. :tup:

How's that sub?

RonRizz 08-12-2017 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChopsZ (Post 3684657)
Nice! I see what you did there with the "Z" emblem. A good cover up. :tup:

How's that sub?

Lol. good eye... yeah, the emblems were cheaper than new door panels.
The Sub kicks *** from a SQ standpoint. Blends effortlessly with front stage, plays low, strong, and accurate.
Not for the SPL guys, though. The neighbors wont hear you 6 blocks away, but it gets the job done.

markesc 08-12-2017 08:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Where did he get these pods?

I'm in the market for a component set, have my heart set on those hertz for $400..

Jayhovah 08-12-2017 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markesc (Post 3684681)
Where did he get these pods?

I'm in the market for a component set, have my heart set on those hertz for $400..

looks like a custom 1-off to me.

RonRizz 08-13-2017 05:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jayhovah (Post 3684704)
looks like a custom 1-off to me.

Indeed they are.
For some reason, im having trouble uploading pics of the tweeter pod build here. Ill add a few to my album...

ChopsZ 08-14-2017 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonRizz (Post 3684721)
Indeed they are.
For some reason, im having trouble uploading pics of the tweeter pod build here. Ill add a few to my album...

I actually really like the sound stage and imaging I get with the dash speaker locations, so that's where I've be mounting the SI tweeters, and crossing those suckers over low at 1.6 kHz.

RonRizz 08-15-2017 03:58 PM

I have 2" Midranges in the dash locations, so the tweeter location was narrowed down to the sails...

ChopsZ 08-16-2017 12:32 AM

Look what showed up today! And I'll be installing them tomorrow. :happydance:

http://charlest.zenfolio.com/img/s/v...70085009-5.jpg


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:31 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2