Nissan 370Z Forum  

Anyone done HLCDs in a Z?

I am spoiled by my Tahoe. Current system in the Z is not up to my standards. I need more output, especially at highway speeds with aftermarket exhaust and windows

Go Back   Nissan 370Z Forum > Nissan 370Z Tech Area > Audio & Video

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2013, 04:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
Base Member

Drives: '09 370Z Sport
tRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Anyone done HLCDs in a Z?

I am spoiled by my Tahoe. Current system in the Z is not up to my standards. I need more output, especially at highway speeds with aftermarket exhaust and windows down.

So... I have horns in the Tahoe, under the dash and CDT ES-06+ midbasses in the doors. I am going to put my Exodus Anarchy back in, though. Pair of 12s in the back, behind 3rd row seating, about 5000 watts total.

The Z is going to get the sub amp from the Tahoe, a Sundown 3500d (have a Zapco ZX-6.5K to put in). I plan on gutting the rear and installing a very high-output 12 or 15, perhaps, running off around 3000W from the Sundown.

So... as you can see, I am going to need a massive front stage to keep up. So horns is perfect. I'm just looking for options on where and how to integrate them. If anyone has ever seen a system with HLCDs in a 370, I'd be grateful to hear about it.

Thanks!
tRidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 02:32 AM   #2 (permalink)
Base Member

tRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond repute

Argh. Nothin' huh? Dang...

Guess I'm gonna hafta be the FIRST!
Old 10-23-2013, 07:39 PM   #3 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2 feet, 3 pedals
RonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond repute

I see space being the major issue for a set of compression-loaded drivers in the Z, although it would be a pretty interesting install, and probably worth the effort.
I've heard good things about CDT stuff, but never heard them in person.......Whats your opinion on the set you have? Just curious.
P99rs Head Unit--- Amps- 2 Pioneer Prs800d --- Zapco ST1000MX---Zapco ST-4XSQ---- SI BM mk5 Subs---SI TM65v2 Midbass--- SI M3 mids--- SI M25 xbl2 tweeters ----- 2016 MECA street class 3rd place at world finals
RonRizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 12:50 AM   #4 (permalink)
Base Member

I've used a number of CDT mids and components over the years and always found them to be top-notch when installed and utilized for their intended purpose. They shine with lots of power when crossed over appropriately.

Everything from entry-level mid-priced components to these beefy-*** midbasses. Tweets, 4"ers, everything. Haven't used their subs, though.

I am psyching myself up to it, but I am almost certain I will be putting horns in/under the dash somehow, and serious, serious midbasses in the doors, possibly either sealing the doors completely or more likely building in-door enclosures like I did in my Tahoe.

I am a huge fan of an overbuilt electrical system and massive amount of power for overhead. I have three alts on my daily driver Tahoe, 5,000 watts total and going to up it to about 8500.

Planning a 350+-amp alt for the Z and the 3,500-watt sub amp from the Tahoe in the hatch.