Nissan 370Z Forum  

Question with power for pioneer avic f700bt

Hello, ladies and gentlemen. I have an issue with pioneer avic f700bt that I've been using it for last year or so. Until today, it's been working just FINE!! 1.

Go Back   Nissan 370Z Forum > Nissan 370Z Tech Area > Audio & Video

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By SouthArk370Z
  • 1 Post By Lunar-Eclipse

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2013, 10:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
Base Member

Drives: Escalade ESV/370zRS
e36er is on a distinguished road
Default Question with power for pioneer avic f700bt

Hello, ladies and gentlemen.
I have an issue with pioneer avic f700bt that I've been using it for last year or so.
Until today, it's been working just FINE!!
1. Suddenly my f700bt wouldn't turn on.
When I start the vehicle, it boots but then after 30-40 seconds, it loses its power.
If I restart the vehicle, it does the same thing.

2. Also, my f700bt has the ipod connection.
For CD, radio, and SD card, the volume is controllable and sounds very nice.
But with Ipod/Iphone connection, volume is FIXED and sound quality is not as good (it's not bad but i think it's missing the bass).

Any recommendations?

Thank you very much in advance.

Last edited by e36er; 09-20-2013 at 11:00 PM.
e36er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 10:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
Premium Member

Drives: 2014 Challenger
SouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Power problem could be shorted speaker/wiring.
kenchan likes this.
Old 09-21-2013, 10:44 AM   #3 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: ‘17 badazz Z51
blackcherry20 has a reputation beyond reputeblackcherry20 has a reputation beyond reputeblackcherry20 has a reputation beyond reputeblackcherry20 has a reputation beyond reputeblackcherry20 has a reputation beyond reputeblackcherry20 has a reputation beyond reputeblackcherry20 has a reputation beyond reputeblackcherry20 has a reputation beyond reputeblackcherry20 has a reputation beyond reputeblackcherry20 has a reputation beyond reputeblackcherry20 has a reputation beyond repute

Ask bidaudiofanatic....he can prob help you...
Old 09-21-2013, 12:48 PM   #4 (permalink)
Car Audio Installer

Drives: 2012 Infiniti G37x
bigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to bigaudiofanat Send a message via Yahoo to bigaudiofanat Send a message via Skype™ to bigaudiofanat

Sounds like there might be a fault in the programming. I would call pioneer and see if there are any known problems like this. Also make sure to check that you have a clean ground. Finally try resetting the unit.
https://www.facebook.com/Dynamicmobileaudio/
bigaudiofanat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 07:25 PM   #5 (permalink)
Track Member

Drives: 2019 Civic Type R
Fountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud of

When you say loses all power do you mean it shuts down after booting up?
Sounds like it gets to a certain point and tries to load a driver and can't find the hardware to initialize it, it doesn't get an Ack, then it shuts down 'cause the firmware isn't written to deal with a failure like that.
I would try removing all devices and removing all power and hard resetting it.
Pioneer tech support would probably tell you take it to service center or if it's out of warranty, buy another!

Could try flashing the firmware again. But if it's not booting it might scramble the bootloader for the OS.

As always, I have to ask, what's the last thing you did to it before this started?
Fountainhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 09:32 PM   #6 (permalink)
Base Member

Drives: '10 40th Anniversary
Lunar-Eclipse is on a distinguished road

Like others have asked when you say it looses power. Do you mean it reboots or that it turns off?

The flash memory on the Avic F series becomes corrupt and has to be reformatted every few years. I've done it twice in the five years I have owned my F700. You have to get into the service menu and format the flash memory, then reload Windows CE, then the Pioneer frontend, then the maps.

Here is a thread on Avic411.com with detailed instructions.
Solved the FormatMBR /SDMLC and MapDBinfo Error 0X0000 (Also the Major Fix) - Problems/Troubleshooting - AVIC411.com
Fountainhead likes this.
Lunar-Eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 09:59 AM   #7 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthArk370Z View Post
Power problem could be shorted speaker/wiring.
if the door speakers were replaced, this is where i would check first.

i hate plasti-dip, but for coating speaker terminals and electronic contacts that sees water, it might be a good product to spray and cover it from the wet.
kenchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 03:10 PM   #8 (permalink)
Base Member

Drives: Escalade ESV/370zRS
e36er is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar-Eclipse View Post
Like others have asked when you say it looses power. Do you mean it reboots or that it turns off?

The flash memory on the Avic F series becomes corrupt and has to be reformatted every few years. I've done it twice in the five years I have owned my F700. You have to get into the service menu and format the flash memory, then reload Windows CE, then the Pioneer frontend, then the maps.

Here is a thread on Avic411.com with detailed instructions.
Solved the FormatMBR /SDMLC and MapDBinfo Error 0X0000 (Also the Major Fix) - Problems/Troubleshooting - AVIC411.com
Ok, I fixed it.
The symptom was it loses power after 20 seconds of booting and turns off.
I searched a little bit and came up with the same solutions Lunar-Eclipse posted (thank you,).

I almost threw the unit out to garbage yesterday and thought that it would be worth to try reinstalling WinCE.
Updated WinCE and updated to 3.1 version.

It works like charm.
It only took me 30 mins to fix the problem and now it works great.

Thank you very much for all inputs, guys.

e36er is offline   Reply With Quote