Nissan 370Z Forum  

NismoGT Ipad Dash Install

I am working on my ipad install in my 11 370Z. This will be my second time working with fiberglass so I am no professional. I am creating an acrylic

Go Back   Nissan 370Z Forum > Nissan 370Z Tech Area > Audio & Video

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2013, 09:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
Base Member

Drives: 2009 370Z Sport
NismoGT is on a distinguished road
Default NismoGT Ipad Dash Install

I am working on my ipad install in my 11 370Z. This will be my second time working with fiberglass so I am no professional. I am creating an acrylic dock to slide the ipad in from the top. The dock with be actuated to tilt forward to ease sliding the ipad into the dock. The iPad is pretty tall. I trying NOT to modify the dash in any way. So that means the bezel that the air vents are located will not be cut and i will not be fiberglassing to it. I bought the Metra radio install kit for the air conditioner controls plastic piece to keep the OEM part unmodified. I will hopefully be done with the install in the next week or so.

Check out the Pics:
370z Ipad Install Photos by NismoGT | Photobucket

The acrylic iPad dock will be cut on my CNC router so if anybody wants one made, let me know. I have the dimensions and layout on my Photobucket Album. I can modify any of the dimensions. Let me know what you need. I can also engrave.

I am using NuForce DAC for sound processing and running that straight to my amps. I will start a new thread on my fiberglassed subs. I am also thinking about selling my custom fiberglasses boxes too. Depends on the demand though.
NismoGT is offline   Reply With Quote