Nissan 370Z Forum  

Kenwood 9990 HD installed, no rear speaker output?

Hi all. I just had a Kenwood 9990HD installed yesterday at a reputable shop. Everything works great except I have no sound out of my rear speakers. I am no

Go Back   Nissan 370Z Forum > Nissan 370Z Tech Area > Audio & Video

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2012, 10:08 AM   #1 (permalink)
Base Member

Drives: Nismo 370Z, Pearl
Chemy is on a distinguished road
Default Kenwood 9990 HD installed, no rear speaker output?

Hi all. I just had a Kenwood 9990HD installed yesterday at a reputable shop. Everything works great except I have no sound out of my rear speakers. I am no guru when it comes to audio setup.

I playaed around with the usuall listening position, speaker settings etc.. The headunit is not recognizing the rear speakers. I can not individually adjust them as I can with the front speakers. Also, on the main audio page when I am listening to XM, at the bottom of the screen are the works "rear speaker" with a picture of a little speaker after it and an X after the picture. So it reads "rear speaker, pic, X"

Anyone have any idea on how to change this? I called the shop and they said everything was hooked up properly but did not how to adjust it without bringing it back in, which is quite a drive..
2012 Nismo, PW #512. FI CBE SS w/12" Res, Stillen g3's, UpRev, Kenwood 9990HD, Focal speakers and tweeters, Wicked Cas corner box with JL 10" w6, 35% ceramic tint, full clear bra.
Chemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 10:22 AM   #2 (permalink)
Track Member

Drives: 09 370z
cptspeed will become famous soon enough

look for speaker set up somewhere in your menu, under the rear speaker menu there is an option for no rear speakers. evidently they selected this option. you can change this setting to the size of rear speakers you have installed or oem.
Old 09-19-2012, 10:35 AM   #3 (permalink)
Base Member

Thats the thing. I have set the fronts and rears to OEM, which I will replace in a few weeks.

I am set in single zone right now. Even if I try duel zone, I can adjust the settings on the front speakers but not the rears. The rears look to be turned on but I have no control over them. Even if I move the volume all the way to the rear, I get nothing.

I still have the "rear speaker X" thing going on even though I have OEM speakers set.

GRRR
2012 Nismo, PW #512. FI CBE SS w/12" Res, Stillen g3's, UpRev, Kenwood 9990HD, Focal speakers and tweeters, Wicked Cas corner box with JL 10" w6, 35% ceramic tint, full clear bra.
Old 09-19-2012, 11:09 AM   #4 (permalink)
Track Member

Drives: 09 370z
cptspeed will become famous soon enough

Maybe Bigaudio can chime in on this one.
Old 09-19-2012, 11:21 AM   #5 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 97' Ranger :)
fuct has much to be proud offuct has much to be proud offuct has much to be proud offuct has much to be proud offuct has much to be proud offuct has much to be proud offuct has much to be proud offuct has much to be proud offuct has much to be proud offuct has much to be proud of

maybe this is a dumb comment because im unsure of what you have.... but there are no speakers in the rear of the nismo......
fuct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:45 AM   #6 (permalink)
Car Audio Installer

Drives: 2012 Infiniti G37x
bigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to bigaudiofanat Send a message via Yahoo to bigaudiofanat Send a message via Skype™ to bigaudiofanat

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuct View Post
maybe this is a dumb comment because im unsure of what you have.... but there are no speakers in the rear of the nismo......
You got it!

OP here are some threads that may help you "may not work"

Where are the rear speakers located?

Question about the stock rear speakers

Re: Rear Speakers or None?

base model, no rear sound?

Rear speakers

Just search rear in the audio section and you will find plenty asking where are my rears and so on.
https://www.facebook.com/Dynamicmobileaudio/

Last edited by bigaudiofanat; 09-19-2012 at 11:49 AM.
bigaudiofanat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 12:56 PM   #7 (permalink)
Base Member

Ok. Im an idiot then. I saw a four speaker system in numerous posts. Knowing nothing of audio I assumed this meant two front and two rear, not thinking a tweeter was a "speaker".. I can tear a car down and back but audio is a mystery to me..

Sorry for the usless thread

Mods feel free to delete if will..

Edit: Thanks for the help pointing out my ignorance
Old 09-21-2012, 08:22 AM   #8 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 97' Ranger :)
fuct has much to be proud offuct has much to be proud offuct has much to be proud offuct has much to be proud offuct has much to be proud offuct has much to be proud offuct has much to be proud offuct has much to be proud offuct has much to be proud offuct has much to be proud of

fuct is offline   Reply With Quote