Nissan 370Z Forum  

New tires! But low tire pressure warning?

Hey guys, just got some new tires (MICHELIN PILOT SUPER SPORTS) installed on my Z this morning. 1st impression is great, low road noise and very good grip so far.

Go Back   Nissan 370Z Forum > Nissan 370Z Tech Area > Wheels & Tires

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2011, 01:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
Enthusiast Member

Drives: Pearl White 370z
JrumMusic is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down New tires! But low tire pressure warning?

Hey guys, just got some new tires (MICHELIN PILOT SUPER SPORTS) installed on my Z this morning. 1st impression is great, low road noise and very good grip so far. They were quite expensive for a set of 4. I choose to go with 255/35/19 in front and 295/30/19 in the rear. About $1800 after tax and warranty.

I previously had V12's on the rims and they were nice for the price, but from what i can tell with these new PSS tires, imma have ALOT of fun

Btw...My tire low pressure light keeps coming on and staying on, i checked the pressure and it seems fine on all 4 tires. Should i be worried? They had to rebuild my TPMS.

Last edited by JrumMusic; 12-20-2011 at 01:21 PM.
JrumMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 01:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: a Civic VP!
ClemsonWill has a reputation beyond reputeClemsonWill has a reputation beyond reputeClemsonWill has a reputation beyond reputeClemsonWill has a reputation beyond reputeClemsonWill has a reputation beyond reputeClemsonWill has a reputation beyond reputeClemsonWill has a reputation beyond reputeClemsonWill has a reputation beyond reputeClemsonWill has a reputation beyond reputeClemsonWill has a reputation beyond reputeClemsonWill has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ClemsonWill

Did you check the tire pressure in the spare?
Old 12-20-2011, 01:34 PM   #3 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

i dont think the spare has TPMS...
kenchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 01:41 PM   #4 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: a Civic VP!
ClemsonWill has a reputation beyond reputeClemsonWill has a reputation beyond reputeClemsonWill has a reputation beyond reputeClemsonWill has a reputation beyond reputeClemsonWill has a reputation beyond reputeClemsonWill has a reputation beyond reputeClemsonWill has a reputation beyond reputeClemsonWill has a reputation beyond reputeClemsonWill has a reputation beyond reputeClemsonWill has a reputation beyond reputeClemsonWill has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ClemsonWill

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post
i dont think the spare has TPMS...
You are right. I was thinking about my wife's car.

It must be a bad tpms sensor. Maybe they damaged one when they installed the new tires.
Old 12-20-2011, 01:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Supercharged
kellyefields is a glorious beacon of lightkellyefields is a glorious beacon of lightkellyefields is a glorious beacon of lightkellyefields is a glorious beacon of lightkellyefields is a glorious beacon of light

was it nissan or a tire shop that installed the tires. if it was a shop they may messed up the sensor when installing the tires. I would take it back to them before they can say something else happened to them.
Old 12-20-2011, 01:49 PM   #6 (permalink)
Enthusiast Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyefields View Post
was it nissan or a tire shop that installed the tires. if it was a shop they may messed up the sensor when installing the tires. I would take it back to them before they can say something else happened to them.
It was discount tire, i love the service there and they always treat me good. Some google searches said i should release some psi from my tires, but isnt that the reason its on in the 1st place hahaha lol
Old 12-20-2011, 01:50 PM   #7 (permalink)
Enthusiast Member

They said they would have to rebuild my TPMS for all 4 wheels.
Old 12-20-2011, 02:10 PM   #8 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

kellyefields is a glorious beacon of lightkellyefields is a glorious beacon of lightkellyefields is a glorious beacon of lightkellyefields is a glorious beacon of lightkellyefields is a glorious beacon of light

you may try letting out some psi and see if that resets the sensors, I dont know if the sensor goes off it there is to much pressure but that seems possible. You can always try disconnecting the battery and see if that resets the sensors as well. For some reason if I ever encounter a problem that seems to fix it.
Old 12-20-2011, 02:42 PM   #9 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrumMusic View Post
They said they would have to rebuild my TPMS for all 4 wheels.
that's werd. when i have my factory wheels with TPMS replaced with new tires the tire place dont even touch the TPMS.
no issue with TPMS on my cars..
Old 12-20-2011, 03:41 PM   #10 (permalink)
Enthusiast Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post
that's werd. when i have my factory wheels with TPMS replaced with new tires the tire place dont even touch the TPMS.
no issue with TPMS on my cars..
My mazda rx-8 they did the same thing with no problems... if were to take my battery off, would i unplug the negative or positive? Last time i did that, my windows wouldn't roll up... lol
Old 12-20-2011, 03:52 PM   #11 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

just unplug the negative let it set for a few minutes and then plug it back up. you will have to reset the windows/radio but that is easy to do.
Old 12-20-2011, 04:53 PM   #12 (permalink)
Enthusiast Member

So... i called the dealership they said discount tire broke my TPMS. And it would cost $40 for them to reset my TPMS and $240 per tire for TPMS. I called "********" discount wouldnt break **** and send me on my way.

So i went back to discount just now, and one tire was high is PSI. We lowered all tires to 35 psi. TPMS light was still on after i drove 20 mph for a minute. So they some tool to link all TMPS and plug into my car and reset for free. Now.. NO LIGHT...

But after he fixed i asked him to lower one tire to see if the light would come on...its was parked and not moving, but the TPMS didnt even come on at 7 psi in my tire. So now i dont know if they are really broke, if discount just turned them all off or what. FML
Old 12-20-2011, 04:55 PM   #13 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

this is another reason why i hate discount tires...
Old 12-20-2011, 05:23 PM   #14 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

I think you have to drive some for it to respond.
Old 12-20-2011, 05:36 PM   #15 (permalink)
Enthusiast Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyefields View Post
I think you have to drive some for it to respond.
I think so also, im staying optimistic, I gotta drive from Daytona to Tampa tomorrow so wish me well =]