Nissan 370Z Forum  

Cheesy carsalesman

Went to look at rogue krom and an xterra. This cheesy vulture of a person comes giving me the shakedown. Why do they need to know what i will be

Go Back   Nissan 370Z Forum > Nissan 370Z General Area > The Lounge (Off Topic)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2011, 09:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 10 Nismo
Nismoracer is on a distinguished road
Default Cheesy carsalesman

Went to look at rogue krom and an xterra. This cheesy vulture of a person comes giving me the shakedown. Why do they need to know what i will be using it for? Stupid question. He asks if i will be using it for work or to travel how much do i drive everyday...on and on with useless questions. Its a car. You use it to get from one point to another. Do i get a discount for driving to work, will the price be lower if i commute more than five miles....I mentioned the rogue has poor reward visibility. He says how often do you go backwards. Do you really need to see behind you....i wanted to smack him.

ALL CARSALESMAN ARE CHEESY SMARTASS JACKWAGONS. I dont want to buy a car now.
Nismoracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 09:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
Track Member

Drives: 09 BLK 370Z
Anatoray is on a distinguished road

Whenever a car salesman asks me what I'll be using a car for, I answer "sex".
Anatoray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 09:17 PM   #3 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: HypeTrain Choo Choo!
b1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nismoracer View Post
Went to look at rogue krom and an xterra. This cheesy vulture of a person comes giving me the shakedown. Why do they need to know what i will be using it for? Stupid question. He asks if i will be using it for work or to travel how much do i drive everyday...on and on with useless questions. Its a car. You use it to get from one point to another. Do i get a discount for driving to work, will the price be lower if i commute more than five miles....I mentioned the rogue has poor reward visibility. He says how often do you go backwards. Do you really need to see behind you....i wanted to smack him.

ALL CARSALESMAN ARE CHEESY SMARTASS JACKWAGONS. I dont want to buy a car now.
I would gave called him out on it and demanded to deal with only the manager. I understanding asking a few questions about what you will be using It for to help guide you into getting the most appropriate car. The do you really need to see behind you comment though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anatoray View Post
b1adesofcha0s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 09:22 PM   #4 (permalink)
Track Member

Drives: Audrey
007MI6 is a jewel in the rough007MI6 is a jewel in the rough007MI6 is a jewel in the rough007MI6 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:

2011 370Z Touring+Sport Coupe
BLK Int||M6||Navigation||Illuminated Door Sills||GoMiniGo LPB
007MI6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 06:49 AM   #5 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370 Touring/Sport
fullmonty has a reputation beyond reputefullmonty has a reputation beyond reputefullmonty has a reputation beyond reputefullmonty has a reputation beyond reputefullmonty has a reputation beyond reputefullmonty has a reputation beyond reputefullmonty has a reputation beyond reputefullmonty has a reputation beyond reputefullmonty has a reputation beyond reputefullmonty has a reputation beyond reputefullmonty has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I've said 'Running drugs' a few times but then they don't want anything to do with you
Old 06-15-2011, 07:55 AM   #6 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '10 G37 Coupe BO 7AT
c41006 has a reputation beyond reputec41006 has a reputation beyond reputec41006 has a reputation beyond reputec41006 has a reputation beyond reputec41006 has a reputation beyond reputec41006 has a reputation beyond reputec41006 has a reputation beyond reputec41006 has a reputation beyond reputec41006 has a reputation beyond reputec41006 has a reputation beyond reputec41006 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmonty View Post
I've said 'Running drugs' a few times but then they don't want anything to do with you
Old 06-15-2011, 07:56 PM   #7 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 A/T 370z blue
370zproject has a reputation beyond repute370zproject has a reputation beyond repute370zproject has a reputation beyond repute370zproject has a reputation beyond repute370zproject has a reputation beyond repute370zproject has a reputation beyond repute370zproject has a reputation beyond repute370zproject has a reputation beyond repute370zproject has a reputation beyond repute370zproject has a reputation beyond repute370zproject has a reputation beyond repute

Brake Upgrade Package ate blue, hawk hp ceramic pads, and slotted rotors
370zproject is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 02:03 PM   #8 (permalink)
Base Member

Drives: 04 350Z Roadster 6mt
Anthony@PM is on a distinguished road

I actually used to be a car salesman. (not any more bc of the stupid stuff they make you do and how bad the managers make you look so they can look like the good guy)

But it was almost mandatory at one dealership I worked at to ask questions like that to sort of build a rapport. Dont always hate on the sales guy unless he's one of those cornball stereotype sales guys. I was very down to earth and actually tried to get my customers good prices bc I knew what it was like to be on the other side of the table. After a few months I realized I couldn't be "one of those" sales guys who look to take every dollar from you by open promises. So I left on good terms which was a good move bc now I do what I love in a great place.
www.facebook.com/TheExperienceNY ***FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK***
Anthony@PM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 03:01 PM   #9 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: .
shadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond repute

The best car salesmen are the ones who listen.

But I've met my share of cheese. When I was shopping for Chiana, I had one guy who buoyed the price upward because he had to drive it from Virginia, even though I knew there was the model in VA and could have just went there myself.

But the cheesier one was this young guy at a Nissan near me. First he points across the showroom to some people and says, "They're here to look at the same car that you are." I said, deadpan, "Ok, sell it to them then." I later took their offer sheet and said I'd have to go home and sleep on the decision. He asked why, and I told him that it's just how I do things. He got his shady manager out to ask me the same question, and a few other related ones. I stuck to my guns, said "I'll sleep on it", and left the dealer. Didn't go back. I didn't like their tactics, and the car wasn't everything I wanted.
shadoquad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 03:19 PM   #10 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: HypeTrain Choo Choo!
b1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond repute

I had a salesman try to convince me to get a 6MT even though me and my dad specifically said we were only looking for an auto. He pushed hard to take me on a test drive and since I didn't know how to drive a manual, he drove and try to convince me to buy that one that had the sports package. He was showing off the SRM and tried to show off the LSD by doing donuts in a nearby empty parking lot. The guy was an idiot, but I think I was just his excuse to take the Z out for a spin.
b1adesofcha0s is offline   Reply With Quote