Nissan 370Z Forum  

Bluetooth System in Touring Package

I was messing around with the bluetooth system when I first bought my car back in January and it seems to be a bit different than the one in the

Go Back   Nissan 370Z Forum > Nissan 370Z Tech Area > Audio & Video

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2011, 06:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: HypeTrain Choo Choo!
b1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond repute
Default Bluetooth System in Touring Package

I was messing around with the bluetooth system when I first bought my car back in January and it seems to be a bit different than the one in the 2010 Maxima I had. There are two things that I noticed were different and I don't know if it's because of some settings, because I have a different cell phone, or they are actually different. I could look these things up in the manual, but it's raining right now and I don't feel like going outside right now

1) In the Maxima, when I was trying to access the phonebook from my cell phone, I could just say the name of anyone who's number was stored in my phone and it would call them. Doesn't seem to work in the Z. Do I have to store the contact in the car's bluetooth system itself?

2) In the Maxima when I received a phone call it would actually play the ring tone from my phone in the car's bluetooth system. I thought this was really cool, but I kind of miss it in the Z. I just get the generic ringing sound whenever I get a call.

Any thoughts/experiences guys?
b1adesofcha0s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 07:15 PM   #2 (permalink)
Administrator

Drives: 🔰
Trips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond repute

1. Yes, store it as a voice tag. I believe you can have 30+ contacts in there.

2. I know you can turn off the onboard ringer that goes thru the speakers.

http://www.the370z.com/payments.php
Trips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 07:19 PM   #3 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

b1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple's View Post
1. Yes, store it as a voice tag. I believe you can have 30+ contacts in there.

2. I know you can turn off the onboard ringer that goes thru the speakers.
Thanks

Storing each individual contact is so inconvenient. It's easier just to pull out my phone and dial straight from there, not that I do that kind of thing of course
Yes I do

I don't mind the ringer itself, I just liked how it played the ringtone from my phone in the Maxima. Is it possible Nissan switched things from 09-10 or is it just a difference between the Z and the Maxima?
Old 04-08-2011, 07:26 PM   #4 (permalink)
Administrator

Trips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1adesofcha0s View Post
Thanks

Storing each individual contact is so inconvenient. It's easier just to pull out my phone and dial straight from there, not that I do that kind of thing of course
Yes I do

I don't mind the ringer itself, I just liked how it played the ringtone from my phone in the Maxima. Is it possible Nissan switched things from 09-10 or is it just a difference between the Z and the Maxima?
Yea, I know its pain.

It you're able to send the address book via bluetooth? You can add that number as voice tag so you don't have to manually enter it. My Droid was cool to send the contacts that way but fail for the iPhone4? it has no option to share contacts via bluetooth.

Old 04-08-2011, 07:30 PM   #5 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Quote:
Yea, I know its pain.

It you're able to send the address book via bluetooth? You can add that number as voice tag so you don't have to manually enter it. My Droid was cool to send the contacts that way but fail for the iPhone4? it has no option to share contacts via bluetooth.
I have a Droid too, so I'll look Into doing the voice tag thing. I liked it on the Max because you could say a name and it would try to recognize what you said and then dial the number if it matches one in your phone. Sort of like an auto voice tag recognition thing.
Old 04-08-2011, 07:34 PM   #6 (permalink)
Track Member

Drives: people crazy
Da.Menace is on a distinguished road

Thats weird.
I never had to store any "voice tags" and i was able to call with just saying their name after the 'call' command. I'm using iPhone 4 just in case you want to know. Works for 3GS as well.
Old 04-08-2011, 07:37 PM   #7 (permalink)
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da.Menace View Post
Thats weird.
I never had to store any "voice tags" and i was able to call with just saying their name after the 'call' command. I'm using iPhone 4 just in case you want to know. Works for 3GS as well.
Are you using the voice command from the iPhone4 or Nav?

Old 04-08-2011, 07:44 PM   #8 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Quote:
Thats weird.
Hmmm, you do have a 2010. I'm definitely going to look Into this more the next time I sit in the Z.
Old 04-08-2011, 07:47 PM   #9 (permalink)
Track Member

Quote:
Are you using the voice command from the iPhone4 or Nav?
Voice command from the car's built-in bluetooth. As in, pressing the "call" button on the steering wheel, say Call, and say the name of the contact.

Quote:
Hmmm, you do have a 2010. I'm definitely going to look Into this more the next time I sit in the Z.
Yes 2010, not sure if that'll make a big difference.
Old 04-08-2011, 07:49 PM   #10 (permalink)
Administrator

Quote:
Voice command from the car's built-in bluetooth. As in, pressing the "call" button on the steering wheel, say Call, and say the name of the contact.

I'll try that.

Old 04-08-2011, 07:49 PM   #11 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Quote:

I thought it might be a difference between 09 and 10 Nissans since it worked in my 10 Maxima and not my 09 Z.

I did do it that same way, but it would not recognize any contact. I thought it might be because of pronunciation, bit doesn't work on simple ones like mom, dad, or home.
Old 04-08-2011, 07:53 PM   #12 (permalink)
Track Member

Quote:
I thought it might be a difference between 09 and 10 Nissans since it worked in my 10 Maxima and not my 09 Z.

I did do it that same way, but it would not recognize any contact. I thought it might be because of pronunciation, bit doesn't work on simple ones like mom, dad, or home.
I forgot if it was this car, or it was my other car, that had a "voice adaptation" process you can do.
Old 04-08-2011, 07:58 PM   #13 (permalink)
Administrator

Quote:
I forgot if it was this car, or it was my other car, that had a "voice adaptation" process you can do.
I just confirmed that at least in the 09's it needs a voice sample from the voice tag to match contact and dial.

Old 04-08-2011, 08:06 PM   #14 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Quote:
I just confirmed that at least in the 09's it needs a voice sample from the voice tag to match contact and dial.
That's so ghey. I'm gonna ask some of the guys at the meet tomorrow if it works in their Z's.
Old 04-08-2011, 08:07 PM   #15 (permalink)
Administrator

Quote:
That's so ghey. I'm gonna ask some of the guys at the meet tomorrow if it works in their Z's.