Nissan 370Z Forum  

Replacement for Bluetooth mic??

People have problems hearing me when i'm using the bluetooth in the car to talk on the phone. Is there a better quality mic out there that i can use

Go Back   Nissan 370Z Forum > Nissan 370Z Tech Area > Audio & Video

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mumbalee

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2011, 08:52 AM   #1 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Angry
Osiris will become famous soon enough
Default Replacement for Bluetooth mic??

People have problems hearing me when i'm using the bluetooth in the car to talk on the phone. Is there a better quality mic out there that i can use to swap out the stock one? Is that even possible? I've never actually opened that small panel in middle near the rearview mirror, so not sure the mic can be easily disconnected or not.

^^^^^^^^^Like our Facebook!^^^^^^^^^
Osiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 09:28 AM   #2 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 Corvette G.S.
370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osiris View Post
People have problems hearing me when i'm using the bluetooth in the car to talk on the phone. Is there a better quality mic out there that i can use to swap out the stock one? Is that even possible? I've never actually opened that small panel in middle near the rearview mirror, so not sure the mic can be easily disconnected or not.
Mine works great, maybe you should ask the dealer to replace it under warranty?
Old 04-08-2011, 10:13 AM   #3 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Answers
SoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Same Situation

I'd like to move the location, and upgrade the mic too. Inside the Z all is well, but recipients on the other end often complain about the additional noise owed to having to speak louder to overcome interior road noise at speed.

>Subscribed
Old 04-09-2011, 12:54 AM   #4 (permalink)
Base Member

Drives: 2011 370Z/Touring/Sp
dirtrat is on a distinguished road

Have you tried adjusting the transmit audio level adjustment in the settings for the bluetooth?
dirtrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 07:54 AM   #5 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Angry
Osiris will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtrat View Post
Have you tried adjusting the transmit audio level adjustment in the settings for the bluetooth?
OMG, there's a setting for this????? I will try this today and report back

EDIT: Ok, i just looked through every setting and this was not an option anywhere. Is it a hidden setting?

^^^^^^^^^Like our Facebook!^^^^^^^^^

Last edited by Osiris; 04-09-2011 at 08:02 AM.
Osiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 12:01 PM   #6 (permalink)
Base Member

I have NAV and I'm almost positive I saw a setting for this. I'll take a look and try to find it today.

Quote:

EDIT: Ok, i just looked through every setting and this was not an option anywhere. Is it a hidden setting?
Old 04-10-2011, 03:07 PM   #7 (permalink)
Base Member

I found it. Try SETTINGS -- AUDIO AND BEEPS -- OUTGOING CALL

Adjust the slider either up or down to change the call volume. If you have too much background noise you might try reducing it. I would play with it to see whats best. FWIW I have had no complaints or problems with mine so far so if this doesn't fix it you may want to consider taking it in for warranty repair. This adjustment is on my 2011 with NAV. I have no idea if yours is different.

Quote:

Old 05-19-2011, 11:45 PM   #8 (permalink)
Base Member

Drives: '10 Anniversary 6spd
mumbalee is on a distinguished road

I have exactly the same issue! Dealership told me to adjust the outgoing call setting to a lower volume. I did that; same issue. For me the mic is basically un-usable. Cannot complete a call because people cannot even get the fact that I'm trying to say "call you back".
Dealer came for a ride with me and we phoned the service dept from the road. They agreed. Ran some kind of software update from Nissan but no improvement. Now they're trying to say it's my phone's compatibility issue, but I can't see that. I've had 2 phones so far, a Palm and an Android; same issue. Plus it's the mic that's breaking up. Not the signal because I can hear just fine. I'm SO frustrated! Luxury car and the hands-free is garbage to me.
scruffydog likes this.
mumbalee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 07:39 AM   #9 (permalink)
Car Audio Installer

Drives: 2012 Infiniti G37x
bigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to bigaudiofanat Send a message via Yahoo to bigaudiofanat Send a message via Skype™ to bigaudiofanat

I have removed a few stock mics and I will say they are not your standard wiring setup for a mic. So as I do a lot, I would recommend going with a aftermarket head unit if you want much better quality and settings are not helping.
https://www.facebook.com/Dynamicmobileaudio/
bigaudiofanat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 11:40 AM   #10 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: with his eyes close
scruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond repute

yea, i am having the same problem, i'm going to check my car now to see if i accidentally change the outgoing setting to volume to highest instead of the lowest.
Old 05-16-2013, 12:45 PM   #11 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: with his eyes close
scruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond reputescruffydog has a reputation beyond repute

I noticed the "Outgoing Call" was set at Max (High), I now made it Min (Low) and hopefully it'll be better like all the other cars I've used Bluetooth handsfree for (I've had great experience with Lexus & Toyota Bluetooth Handsfree).

To get to the menu, you go to "Options", then "Volume & Beeps":

I'll keep you guys informed.