Nissan 370Z Forum  

Wingless Nismo?

Hey guys, I drive a base 370z and I'm pretty much in love with the way the car looks. However, I think the front end is a little bit too

Go Back   Nissan 370Z Forum > Nissan 370Z Tech Area > Exterior & Interior

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2011, 03:27 AM   #1 (permalink)
Base Member

Drives: 09 370z red m6
wolf370z will become famous soon enough
Default Wingless Nismo?

Hey guys,

I drive a base 370z and I'm pretty much in love with the way the car looks. However, I think the front end is a little bit too rounded so I want a sharp lip to counter the front clip's curves. I'm thinking the 1 piece Evo cf front lip.

However, I also really like the Nismo's front fascia (not the s-tune), but I'm not the biggest fan of just tacking something on. If I went with the Nismo front, NOT putting the Nismo sides and rear might look bad. I guess what I'm curious about is if anyone could show me JUST Nismo front end on a base 370z, then maybe the full kit without the wing.

And yes, I searched both google and this website. The only help I found was someone with a base replaced only the rear end with the Nismo.

Thanks in advance,

Wolf
Old 01-05-2011, 07:57 AM   #2 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: In the fairway
ProfessorDave has much to be proud ofProfessorDave has much to be proud ofProfessorDave has much to be proud ofProfessorDave has much to be proud ofProfessorDave has much to be proud ofProfessorDave has much to be proud ofProfessorDave has much to be proud ofProfessorDave has much to be proud ofProfessorDave has much to be proud of

Wolf, you could start by blacking out the fangs. While this won't give you the true Nismo grille, it's a step in the right direction.

Rain, snow, sleet, hail: 2009 Mazda 3 sGT HB
Everything else: 2009 370z, PW Touring 6MT
ProfessorDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 09:35 AM   #3 (permalink)
Track Member

Drives: 09 Blk Z Spt
kielbasa16 will become famous soon enoughkielbasa16 will become famous soon enough

Not that Im assuming cost is an issue, but I thought Id give you a heads up anyway. From what Ive heard, the Nismo bumper itself isnt terribly expensive, but the undertray for it costs something ridiculous - worth looking into. Either way, I think it could be a good look.
Old 01-05-2011, 09:42 AM   #4 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 97' Ranger :)
fuct has much to be proud offuct has much to be proud offuct has much to be proud offuct has much to be proud offuct has much to be proud offuct has much to be proud offuct has much to be proud offuct has much to be proud offuct has much to be proud offuct has much to be proud of

without the sides it does look funny.
fuct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 10:53 AM   #5 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

without the rear wing it would probably look even funnier...
kenchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 01:31 PM   #6 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Force Fed Nismo
wishihadnav has a reputation beyond reputewishihadnav has a reputation beyond reputewishihadnav has a reputation beyond reputewishihadnav has a reputation beyond reputewishihadnav has a reputation beyond reputewishihadnav has a reputation beyond reputewishihadnav has a reputation beyond reputewishihadnav has a reputation beyond reputewishihadnav has a reputation beyond reputewishihadnav has a reputation beyond reputewishihadnav has a reputation beyond repute

yeah i agree the wing needs to be on the Nismo
wishihadnav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 08:49 PM   #7 (permalink)
Enthusiast Member

Drives: On The Weekends
specZ has a reputation beyond reputespecZ has a reputation beyond reputespecZ has a reputation beyond reputespecZ has a reputation beyond reputespecZ has a reputation beyond reputespecZ has a reputation beyond reputespecZ has a reputation beyond reputespecZ has a reputation beyond reputespecZ has a reputation beyond reputespecZ has a reputation beyond reputespecZ has a reputation beyond repute

you could probably pull off the front bumper with base side skirts, although, the wing is a must with the rear bumper
specZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 08:56 PM   #8 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Z33 & GE8
Waiz has a reputation beyond reputeWaiz has a reputation beyond reputeWaiz has a reputation beyond reputeWaiz has a reputation beyond reputeWaiz has a reputation beyond reputeWaiz has a reputation beyond reputeWaiz has a reputation beyond reputeWaiz has a reputation beyond reputeWaiz has a reputation beyond reputeWaiz has a reputation beyond reputeWaiz has a reputation beyond repute

Purchasing the full Nismo kit will be very expensive, you're better off buying something else if you don't want the wing.
Waiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 09:21 PM   #9 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Turbo CRX si
ThoriumHotdog is a jewel in the roughThoriumHotdog is a jewel in the roughThoriumHotdog is a jewel in the roughThoriumHotdog is a jewel in the rough

How about just the rear bumper? Anyone try that?

ThoriumHotdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 09:32 PM   #10 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 08 G37S Black M6
fairladyZ34 will become famous soon enough

^yah ive seen some pics on here of the nismo rear bumper on non-winged Zs. it looks really good. i actually think the nismo with out a wing would look pretty raw. it would make it low alot lower and give it a mean low aggressive look
Old 01-06-2011, 06:48 AM   #11 (permalink)
Base Member

Drives: '10 370Z Tour/Sp M6
Jessobear will become famous soon enough

Check out some of the more subtle front lips on the car. I think it might give you the look you're after. I originally thought that I'd want to put a NISMO front bumper on my car, but I don't like the fact that it is significantly longer than the stock bumper. I ended up going with an EVO-R front lip, although I just received it and haven't installed it yet.
Jessobear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 09:42 AM   #12 (permalink)
Track Member

Drives: 09 Blk Z Spt
kielbasa16 will become famous soon enoughkielbasa16 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessobear View Post
Check out some of the more subtle front lips on the car. I think it might give you the look you're after. I originally thought that I'd want to put a NISMO front bumper on my car, but I don't like the fact that it is significantly longer than the stock bumper. I ended up going with an EVO-R front lip, although I just received it and haven't installed it yet.
I just got mine yesterday as well. Im anxious to put it on, but am gonna wait till the threat of a big snowfall is gone. Put up some pictures after your installation!
Old 01-06-2011, 10:43 AM   #13 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Z34, R35
tjlazer is just really nicetjlazer is just really nicetjlazer is just really nicetjlazer is just really nice
Send a message via ICQ to tjlazer Send a message via MSN to tjlazer Send a message via Yahoo to tjlazer

Here is one

And a vert which you can see better

Old 01-06-2011, 10:53 AM   #14 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: A Garbage Truck
Cell has a reputation beyond reputeCell has a reputation beyond reputeCell has a reputation beyond reputeCell has a reputation beyond reputeCell has a reputation beyond reputeCell has a reputation beyond reputeCell has a reputation beyond reputeCell has a reputation beyond reputeCell has a reputation beyond reputeCell has a reputation beyond reputeCell has a reputation beyond repute

That looks weird.
Cell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 11:02 AM   #15 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Pure Sex
FuszNissan has a reputation beyond reputeFuszNissan has a reputation beyond reputeFuszNissan has a reputation beyond reputeFuszNissan has a reputation beyond reputeFuszNissan has a reputation beyond reputeFuszNissan has a reputation beyond reputeFuszNissan has a reputation beyond reputeFuszNissan has a reputation beyond reputeFuszNissan has a reputation beyond reputeFuszNissan has a reputation beyond reputeFuszNissan has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to FuszNissan Send a message via Skype™ to FuszNissan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYIOh46Nls8

ZDAYZ 2012
FuszNissan is offline   Reply With Quote