Nissan 370Z Forum  

license plate mount

now, i know ive waited on this for a long time now. but when i first got my Z, all of the ones in guam ALREADY had the stupid ***

Go Back   Nissan 370Z Forum > Nissan 370Z Tech Area > Exterior & Interior

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2011, 05:53 AM   #1 (permalink)
Track Member

Drives: .
chii370 is a splendid one to beholdchii370 is a splendid one to beholdchii370 is a splendid one to beholdchii370 is a splendid one to beholdchii370 is a splendid one to beholdchii370 is a splendid one to beholdchii370 is a splendid one to behold
Default license plate mount

now, i know ive waited on this for a long time now. but when i first got my Z, all of the ones in guam ALREADY had the stupid *** front license plate thing installed on them....... so i had no chance to stop them from being stupid and putting it on my nismo. So far i have just lived with it, but every day i go to this forum and see all the cars that DONT have to have that ******* thing on it. And its honestly pissing me the **** off, why do i have to destroy the front of my car to please some law half the public doesn't adhere to anyway about front and rear plates? **** that. im tired of looking at the damn thing, is there anything i can do? can i call nissan out on this one? since its technically THEIR fault that it was "damaged" in the first place? i mean..... they put it on, so they should replace the front bumper for me free of charge right? especially if im moving the car to a state that doesnt require you to be a ******* idiot to populate it?

and no, its not just screwed into the black thing, its a little different on the nismo since the front bumper is longer, the middle part is thinner and closer to the ground. its screwed into the bumper.... THE ******* BUMPER

Last edited by chii370; 01-03-2011 at 05:59 AM.
chii370 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 08:07 AM   #2 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: solid red 370z 6mt
simota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chii370 View Post
now, i know ive waited on this for a long time now. but when i first got my Z, all of the ones in guam ALREADY had the stupid *** front license plate thing installed on them....... so i had no chance to stop them from being stupid and putting it on my nismo. So far i have just lived with it, but every day i go to this forum and see all the cars that DONT have to have that ******* thing on it. And its honestly pissing me the **** off, why do i have to destroy the front of my car to please some law half the public doesn't adhere to anyway about front and rear plates? **** that. im tired of looking at the damn thing, is there anything i can do? can i call nissan out on this one? since its technically THEIR fault that it was "damaged" in the first place? i mean..... they put it on, so they should replace the front bumper for me free of charge right? especially if im moving the car to a state that doesnt require you to be a ******* idiot to populate it?

and no, its not just screwed into the black thing, its a little different on the nismo since the front bumper is longer, the middle part is thinner and closer to the ground. its screwed into the bumper.... THE ******* BUMPER
the only way you would fix it bud is having a body shop fill the holes on the bumper... i say take this as an opportunity to shave your front badge also thats a better way of looking at it... i know your pretty irritated but nissan is ******* retarded over here.... i TOLD them dont put the license plate in the front... they did it anyways and told me its the LAW lol.... half the cars i see on guam dont have the front.... btw your talking about the only z that has voided his warranty almost completely ahahahahaha and i even bought the extended warranty FAIL....

***TOP SECRET/POWERHOUSE AMUSE/ARC/DAYTONA RACING/VARIS/MINES/GANADOR/J-LINE/WORK EMOTION CR KAI/GT SPEC/CARBON SIGNAL/ZOOM ENGINEERING/ CARBON FIBER ELEMENT/STILLEN/***
simota1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 05:22 PM   #3 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: NA
chops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond repute

damn that sucks..the dealership i bought mine at actually puts them on AFTER the car is purchased. however, before i signed the final papers, i made it clear to the manager and sales guy that there would be absolutely NO DRILLING into the bumper.

your best bet is to just have it bondo'd over and blended...which still might cost a pretty penny depending on the going rate for paint work is in guam. or you can do what ive done with previous cars and buy hole plugs, paint them to match your color, and stick them into the bumper holes.

quick google'd pic:
chops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 08:59 PM   #4 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 16 Nismo w/Tech Pack
PapoZalsa has a reputation beyond reputePapoZalsa has a reputation beyond reputePapoZalsa has a reputation beyond reputePapoZalsa has a reputation beyond reputePapoZalsa has a reputation beyond reputePapoZalsa has a reputation beyond reputePapoZalsa has a reputation beyond reputePapoZalsa has a reputation beyond reputePapoZalsa has a reputation beyond reputePapoZalsa has a reputation beyond reputePapoZalsa has a reputation beyond repute

That happened to me. I took me three months fighting with the dealer and Nissan North America to have my front bumper changed.

PM me if you want to go emails address and so idea to solve your problem.
Modshack's Custom Air Intakes /3M Clear Bra/ Illuminated Kick Plates / F. I CBE w/12" resonators / EVO-R Front Lip / Rear Hatch Wing / Tein S-Tech Springs /Ilegal Tint in the Rep. of VA/4x20mm Z1 Spacers/ Vinyl Roof/Liquid Carbon Designs
PapoZalsa is offline   Reply With Quote