Nissan 370Z Forum  

370 Nismo Bra?

Does anyone know if they make a bra(front bumper cover) for the nismo 370

Go Back   Nissan 370Z Forum > Nissan 370Z Tech Area > Exterior & Interior

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2010, 10:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
Base Member

Drives: 2010 370z NISMO #123
divineelnur is on a distinguished road
Default 370 Nismo Bra?

Does anyone know if they make a bra(front bumper cover) for the nismo 370
divineelnur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 02:49 PM   #2 (permalink)
Base Member

Drives: Boss 302, Frontier
Nikkolai is on a distinguished road

Those ugly black things that scratch the paint underneath it and leaves it discolored compared to the rest of the car? I am 99% sure there aren't any. Best bet to protect the front end is for a clear bra installation.
Nikkolai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 06:46 PM   #3 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Baby Shark
FL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond repute

I hope they DON'T make one of those hideous faux leather bra things for the nismo.

We went w/a clear bra, much better option imo.
FL 4Motion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 11:46 AM   #4 (permalink)
Track Member

Drives: '14 Q60IPL/'14Armada
Robert_Nash is just really niceRobert_Nash is just really niceRobert_Nash is just really niceRobert_Nash is just really nice

I'm not sure why some people have such disdain for vinyl bras. I suppose if looks are all one cares about then a vinyl bra isn't for them but that's a very short-sighted view to take IMHO.

A vinyl bra will NOT scratch the paint of a vehicle nor will it discolor unless you use them improperly and don't follow directions. Further, they do what a bra is supposed to do far better than any "clear bra" ever will which is to protect the front end, not just from "bugs" but from even somewhat substantial road derbies.

All that aside, why disparage what someone wants for their vehicle just because you don't happen to like it?

I'm looking for a bra for my 2011 Nismo and may have one custom made if I can't find one already existing.
Old 05-09-2011, 11:52 AM   #5 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_Nash View Post
I'm not sure why some people have such disdain for vinyl bras.
because they are ugly and reminds you of the 70's.
kenchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 11:58 AM   #6 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

op- here, try this instead...

www.auto
Bumper Kit
Part Number: P0438L

Installation Difficulty Rating:

Price: $363.97

http://catalog.autopaintguard.com/partquery/search
Old 05-09-2011, 12:24 PM   #7 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: E60 BMW M5
TheGreatOne has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatOne has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatOne has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatOne has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatOne has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatOne has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatOne has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatOne has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatOne has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatOne has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatOne has a reputation beyond repute

I think people got the vinyl/leather bra because it was the only option back then

One of the main features of the Z is the lines, the look, so why go forward with performing an action that devalues that?

Everyone can do their own mods for sure, its what you like, but at the end of the day, its for protection, and the clear bra is a better way to maintain the look and protect your car
TheGreatOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 12:32 PM   #8 (permalink)
Track Member

Robert_Nash is just really niceRobert_Nash is just really niceRobert_Nash is just really niceRobert_Nash is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post
because they are ugly and reminds you of the 70's.
That's purely a matter of opinion. More importantly and as I said above, that's ashort sighted view since "looking good" is not their purpose anyway and they fulfill their purpose better than any alternative.
Old 05-09-2011, 12:45 PM   #9 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Quote:
That's purely a matter of opinion. More importantly and as I said above, that's ashort sighted view since "looking good" is not their purpose anyway and they fulfill their purpose better than any alternative.
ok, so you want function while looking ugly. here's a $5 solution that actually works very well and maintains the ugly.

Old 05-09-2011, 01:20 PM   #10 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: NA
chops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond repute

^ bahahah. i have a clear bra and im still going to wrap it in blue/green tape when i take it for its first road trip
chops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 01:24 PM   #11 (permalink)
Track Member

Quote:
ok, so you want function while looking ugly. here's a $5 solution that actually works very well and maintains the ugly.
As I said,"looks" is nothing more than opinion and really immaterial to what a vinyl bra is for..."tape" is not only ugly (and fore more ugly than a bra in my opinion) but also doesn't do the job as well (and is a hell of a lot more work to put on and take off).

However, my point in my original post was not to get into a debate...everyone is entitled to their opinion (and all are equally invaluable)...what I don't understand is why some feel the need to disparage and in some cases ridicule those who happen to prefer a vinyl bra over the other limited, and generally less effective options.
Old 05-09-2011, 01:42 PM   #12 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Quote:
everyone is entitled to their opinion (and all are equally invaluable)...

what I don't understand is why some feel the need to disparage and in some cases ridicule
hummm... you respect other people's opinions yet you dont respect other people's opinions. well, which is it?

anyway, it's your car use wat feels best to you. i prefer no bra at all (my Z does not use clearbra) but if needed i would use clearbra if daily driver, or painter's tape as needed on longer trips.

black vinyl bra is too much work cause you need to first clean your car, wax it, then apply the bra, remove it if it starts raining or air is too humid as paint under the vinyl bra can cloud permanently if used incorrectly. if you ever encounter a dust storm or heavy construction site, you'll need to remove it as grit will get caught between the bra and paint causing scuffs. you will also need to wash the bra completely before reapplying as any grit will cause scuffing.

the benefit of clearbra and painter's tape out weigh the traditional vinyl black bra.
Old 05-09-2011, 01:42 PM   #13 (permalink)
Track Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatOne View Post
I think people got the vinyl/leather bra because it was the only option back then

One of the main features of the Z is the lines, the look, so why go forward with performing an action that devalues that?

Everyone can do their own mods for sure, its what you like, but at the end of the day, its for protection, and the clear bra is a better way to maintain the look and protect your car
I don't see how it "devalue" the car? Yes, I suppose to some it ruins the lines of the vehicle while it's on but than again, I seriously doubt most people ever notices it's one while I'm running down the interstate at speed and even if they do, why should I care what they think?

I often, as do many people, use a car cover when I'm traveling and away from my garage/parking outside...I don't think anyone would accuse a cover cover of being "good looking" and it certainly ruins the lines of the car but I use it because it works...because it serves it purpose and when I don't need it for its purpose any longer I take it off the car.

I use a bra the same way...it's on the car while I need it and then when I get to where I'm going, it comes off. The front end not only looks like I just freshly washed and waxed it but it looks as new as the day the car was delivered. Call me crazy if you want but that seems like a good deal to me.
Old 05-09-2011, 01:56 PM   #14 (permalink)
Track Member

Quote:
hummm... you respect other people's opinions yet you dont respect other people's opinions. well, which is it?
Fist, while I suppose it's moot at this point, the OP was looking for information; not opinion about what he should or shouldn't use.

Second, "opinion" is one thing but that's not what I'm talking about ...what i am talking about are those who feel the need not to just offer "opinion" but disparage and in some cases even ridicule people because they use a vinyl bra...you wouldn't believe (or maybe you would) some of the comments left (here) regarding vinyl bras seen in the pictures of my other 370s...some were rude, insulting and even downright disgusting and why those who made them decided to do so is odd to say the least; I finally just deleted the albums that had the pics in them just to avoid dealing the those who felt they just "had to share".

Lot's of people do lot's of things to their cars that I think are ugly or stupid or even dangerous...but I generally don't go around and tell them so.

Last edited by Robert_Nash; 05-09-2011 at 02:14 PM.
Robert_Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 02:30 PM   #15 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Quote:
Fist, while I suppose it's moot at this point, the OP was looking for information; not opinion about what he should or shouldn't use.

Second, "opinion" is one thing but that's not what I'm talking about ...what i am talking about are those who feel the need not to just offer "opinion" but disparage and in some cases even ridicule people because they use a vinyl bra...you wouldn't believe (or maybe you would) some of the comments left (here) regarding vinyl bras seen in the pictures of my other 370s...some were rude, insulting and even downright disgusting and why those who made them decided to do so is odd to say the least; I finally just deleted the albums that had the pics in them just to avoid dealing the those who felt they just "had to share".

Lot's of people do lot's of things to their cars that I think are ugly or stupid or even dangerous...but I generally don't go around and tell them so.
well, you know my valid reasons why i recommend the clearbra and painter's tape over the traditional vinyl bra. it's not just an opinion, these are facts i posted...and personal experience in the past using those faux leather looking bra's. it's a pita and high maintenance.