Nissan 370Z Forum  

quality of aftermarket speakers on factory nav

i have the bose system and it sounds pretty good to me. honestly i just wished it had some more bass. i dont want anything crazy , dont need my

Go Back   Nissan 370Z Forum > Nissan 370Z Tech Area > Audio & Video

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2010, 09:08 PM   #1 (permalink)
Base Member

Drives: 2010 370z PW 7SP
im89 is on a distinguished road
Default quality of aftermarket speakers on factory nav

i have the bose system and it sounds pretty good to me. honestly i just wished it had some more bass. i dont want anything crazy , dont need my trunk shaking...any advice? i went to a shop and they said it would be better to take out all the speakers and put a whole new system because the quality would not be good on the factory nav. i actaully purchased a jl audio setup c650 components c2 350x for the rear and 12w3v3 but i planning to return because i didnt plan to get the bose system with the car.(got a really good price) i guess my main question is will it sound better than my bose system or will i have to get a new head unit to used these speakers to their full potential. i really like the factory nav. i just want a little more bass to my system.
im89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 09:17 PM   #2 (permalink)
Base Member

ok i see that the bass to the bose system has been talk about ALOT but what about the quality of aftermarket speaker with factory nav? worse better than bose?
Old 12-15-2010, 10:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: NA
chops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond repute

any aftermarket speaker will sound better than the bose crap. while bose does conduct alot of research and development (so i heard), they use inferior materials when building their products while charging an arm and a leg to pay for their marketing department's salaries.

if you simply want more bass...add a small amp and add a new sub, problem solved.

with that said, you can throw 100-150bucks on some decent components to replace them, however im not sure how it works with the bose amp. use the search button
chops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 11:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 90 and 15 GMC Sierra
90 ST has a reputation beyond repute90 ST has a reputation beyond repute90 ST has a reputation beyond repute90 ST has a reputation beyond repute90 ST has a reputation beyond repute90 ST has a reputation beyond repute90 ST has a reputation beyond repute90 ST has a reputation beyond repute90 ST has a reputation beyond repute90 ST has a reputation beyond repute90 ST has a reputation beyond repute

There are ways to keep the factory HU/NAV and still upgrade the rest, Pieces like the ReQ can re EQ the stock HU and send out a nice flat signal to amps, speakers, subs, ect.
90 ST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 09:06 PM   #5 (permalink)
Car Audio Installer

Drives: 2012 Infiniti G37x
bigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to bigaudiofanat Send a message via Yahoo to bigaudiofanat Send a message via Skype™ to bigaudiofanat

A warning others have not pointed out. You can NOT use new speakers with the bose amp you have to either use a new head unit and power them off that or run a new amp to power them and use a MTX re-q to integrate the new amp into the system. Any speaker is going to be ten times better than the bose stuff.
https://www.facebook.com/Dynamicmobileaudio/
bigaudiofanat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 09:08 PM   #6 (permalink)
Xan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z 40th Aniversary
Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigaudiofanat View Post
A warning others have not pointed out. You can NOT use new speakers with the bose amp you have to either use a new head unit and power them off that or run a new amp to power them and use a MTX re-q to integrate the new amp into the system. Any speaker is going to be ten times better than the bose stuff.
Because of the impedance? If you can match the impedance it should be an issue right?
Old 12-17-2010, 01:29 AM   #7 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

90 ST has a reputation beyond repute90 ST has a reputation beyond repute90 ST has a reputation beyond repute90 ST has a reputation beyond repute90 ST has a reputation beyond repute90 ST has a reputation beyond repute90 ST has a reputation beyond repute90 ST has a reputation beyond repute90 ST has a reputation beyond repute90 ST has a reputation beyond repute90 ST has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan View Post
Because of the impedance? If you can match the impedance it should be an issue right?
Bose is the only one who uses the impedance that their stuff is, no aftermarket stuff will be the same. They do it so you can only replace their craptasic speakers, amp, or what ever with their stuff.
Old 12-17-2010, 05:54 AM   #8 (permalink)
Base Member

Drives: 10 370Z 40th 7AT
Chris`I is on a distinguished road

I beleive Infinity offer speakers that run at 2 Ohms. Would they work?
Chris`I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 07:22 AM   #9 (permalink)
Car Audio Installer

bigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to bigaudiofanat Send a message via Yahoo to bigaudiofanat Send a message via Skype™ to bigaudiofanat

The may work BUT you have to remember they are not going to sound much better. As I have said in countless posts, bose uses a sound processor and removes any freq that will harm their speakers WHICH IS A LOT. So you are going to have a very watered down signal before it even gets to your new crossover and speakers. On top of this bose uses a tweeter output and a woofer output. Do yourself a huge favor and save time and use a mtv re-q5 and install a new amp after that to power your new speakers. Otherwise your just wasting time and money.
Old 12-17-2010, 08:37 AM   #10 (permalink)
Base Member

ok so if your going to keep the factory nav the best thing to do is get a 5 channel amp and hook it up to mtv re-q5.(nothing else needed?) this way you can connect your sub and speakers to the same amp. i've heard people say you could fry the head unit with the mtv re-q5 this wont happen?
Old 12-17-2010, 10:13 AM   #11 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

The ReQ is built for this reason, so you should be ok, as long as you hook it up right. That being said you don't need a 5 channel amp 3-4 ch. is fine.
Old 12-17-2010, 01:09 PM   #12 (permalink)
Car Audio Installer

Yes that is the best way to do it