Nissan 370Z Forum  

New to the Z

Ive been a BMW and Audi guy all my life but have always wanted Z. Im looking to tune up my 2009 black nissan 370z. It already has lambo doors

Go Back   Nissan 370Z Forum > Nissan 370Z General Area > Introduction > New 370Z Owner

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2010, 11:30 AM   #1 (permalink)
Base Member

Drives: 09 MB 370z
servo370z is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up New to the Z

Ive been a BMW and Audi guy all my life but have always wanted Z. Im looking to tune up my 2009 black nissan 370z. It already has lambo doors on it the previous owner installed. What should I do to it? Thanks alot and im already loving this car.
servo370z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 12:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '10 G37 Coupe BO 7AT
c41006 has a reputation beyond reputec41006 has a reputation beyond reputec41006 has a reputation beyond reputec41006 has a reputation beyond reputec41006 has a reputation beyond reputec41006 has a reputation beyond reputec41006 has a reputation beyond reputec41006 has a reputation beyond reputec41006 has a reputation beyond reputec41006 has a reputation beyond reputec41006 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by servo370z View Post
Ive been a BMW and Audi guy all my life but have always wanted Z. Im looking to tune up my 2009 black nissan 370z. It already has lambo doors on it the previous owner installed. What should I do to it? Thanks alot and im already loving this car.
c41006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 12:52 AM   #3 (permalink)
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: 350Z,370Z,GTR
vividracing has a reputation beyond reputevividracing has a reputation beyond reputevividracing has a reputation beyond reputevividracing has a reputation beyond reputevividracing has a reputation beyond reputevividracing has a reputation beyond reputevividracing has a reputation beyond reputevividracing has a reputation beyond reputevividracing has a reputation beyond reputevividracing has a reputation beyond reputevividracing has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to vividracing

welcome to the community and congrats on the Z!

Rocky @ Vivid ♦ 480.966.3040 x236 ♦ Rocky@vividracing.com
Email, PM, or call me directly for aggressive The370Z.com member pricing!!!
vividracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 01:39 AM   #4 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Turbo CRX si
ThoriumHotdog is a jewel in the roughThoriumHotdog is a jewel in the roughThoriumHotdog is a jewel in the roughThoriumHotdog is a jewel in the rough

First things first, remove lambo doors.
ThoriumHotdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 12:35 PM   #5 (permalink)
Base Member

Good call on the doors, Im not vin diesel and the doors are a bit much. Are they resellable? Also I was looking at exhausts and cai I was thinking of going with HKS hi power and afe for intake? Are those good,bad, indifferent? Thanks again.
Old 11-29-2010, 12:45 PM   #6 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Turbo CRX si
ThoriumHotdog is a jewel in the roughThoriumHotdog is a jewel in the roughThoriumHotdog is a jewel in the roughThoriumHotdog is a jewel in the rough

HKS is always good but I'd get the G3 Stillen intakes. As for the doors, it depends on how they were installed. If the hardware was welded you'd have to swap out the whole doors. If not then all you'd have to do is remove the hardware and replace anything removed for the install. You might be able to find a buyer for the lambo setup.
ThoriumHotdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 11:22 PM   #7 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2010 6MT Sport pkg.
EazyD has a reputation beyond reputeEazyD has a reputation beyond reputeEazyD has a reputation beyond reputeEazyD has a reputation beyond reputeEazyD has a reputation beyond reputeEazyD has a reputation beyond reputeEazyD has a reputation beyond reputeEazyD has a reputation beyond reputeEazyD has a reputation beyond reputeEazyD has a reputation beyond reputeEazyD has a reputation beyond repute

Contests! My new Z has a Stillen CBE from the previous owner and it's got a great, throaty noise from 1500-3000 and roars above that

Pearl White 2010 370Z Sport, Stillen CBE, tint, K&N drop-in filters, GT-R start button, Kenwood DNX-6980 with backup cam, LED bulbs, Raceseng shift knob.
EazyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 10:09 AM   #8 (permalink)
Base Member

The stillen sounds really nice at high rpm's are greddy exhausts any good?
Old 12-03-2010, 09:56 AM   #9 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: a Civic VP!
ClemsonWill has a reputation beyond reputeClemsonWill has a reputation beyond reputeClemsonWill has a reputation beyond reputeClemsonWill has a reputation beyond reputeClemsonWill has a reputation beyond reputeClemsonWill has a reputation beyond reputeClemsonWill has a reputation beyond reputeClemsonWill has a reputation beyond reputeClemsonWill has a reputation beyond reputeClemsonWill has a reputation beyond reputeClemsonWill has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ClemsonWill

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoriumHotdog View Post
HKS is always good but I'd get the G3 Stillen intakes. As for the doors, it depends on how they were installed. If the hardware was welded you'd have to swap out the whole doors. If not then all you'd have to do is remove the hardware and replace anything removed for the install. You might be able to find a buyer for the lambo setup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by servo370z View Post
The stillen sounds really nice at high rpm's are greddy exhausts any good?

I like the GReddy as well! Also look at the Fast intentions. Not a name you normally hear in other car circles but they are great exhausts.
Old 12-03-2010, 09:57 AM   #10 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: a Civic VP!
ClemsonWill has a reputation beyond reputeClemsonWill has a reputation beyond reputeClemsonWill has a reputation beyond reputeClemsonWill has a reputation beyond reputeClemsonWill has a reputation beyond reputeClemsonWill has a reputation beyond reputeClemsonWill has a reputation beyond reputeClemsonWill has a reputation beyond reputeClemsonWill has a reputation beyond reputeClemsonWill has a reputation beyond reputeClemsonWill has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ClemsonWill

By the way.

And we need some pictures!
Old 12-04-2010, 09:04 PM   #11 (permalink)
Base Member

I think I attached the shots right, alot more to come after some mods
Attached Images
File Type: jpg myZ.jpg (70.1 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg myzz.jpg (47.5 KB, 4 views)
Old 12-04-2010, 09:52 PM   #12 (permalink)
Track Member

Drives: 09 Nissan 370Z M6
sinceday1 is on a distinguished road

Lambo doors...
If you like it, keep it. If not, take'em off. Hopefully the original owner gave you stock hinges with the car!

P.S get HKS Hi-Power exhaust.
sinceday1 is offline   Reply With Quote