Nissan 370Z Forum  

Looking for some advice on a new speaker amp please!

little background for ya, i've got an AVIC-D3 head unit with pioneer 6x9 coaxials in my front doors and 6.5's in the rear doors (remember i'm in a truck lol),

Go Back   Nissan 370Z Forum > Nissan 370Z Tech Area > Audio & Video

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-10-2010, 02:10 AM   #1 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 06 Frontier SE 6spd
HKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to HKYStormFront
Default Looking for some advice on a new speaker amp please!

little background for ya, i've got an AVIC-D3 head unit with pioneer 6x9 coaxials in my front doors and 6.5's in the rear doors (remember i'm in a truck lol), running straight off the headunit through the factory wiring harness. i also have a 400peak/200rms amp powering an 8" polk momo sub in a custom box in the backseat area.

having said all that, i've been really happy with my setup for a couple years now. is it perfect? no but for as little money as i have in it, i've been satisfied. now up to date, i happened across a set of polk components, 2 sets of 6.5's with crossovers and tweets, that i've been eying for a while for a song from a fellow clubfrontier member. i'm picking them up this weekend. so now onto the question: what would be a good four channel amp for mid level speakers and tweeters? they are rated at 100rms but i really don't need that much power. i'm looking for somewhere around 50rms @ 4 ohms per channel. i'm using a kenwood amp for my sub right now but i'm not limited to that. i'm looking for good clean sound with good bang-for-buck. i'm not afraid to spend a little more for a lot better sound but i'm also not looking to spend a lot of money on it either. i've seen some that are upwards of $400-500 (alpine digitals for instance). i'm probably thinking something in the $100-200 range if there's anything worth buying in that group.

so, lay it on me! what should i look at?

oh, forgot to ask, should i wire the amp separately? or should i scrap my wiring set that i have now (8 ga) and get a larger lead wire going to a dist block then go to each amp from there?