Nissan 370Z Forum  

Zele kit and exhaust questions

I'm really digging the zele body kit...even tho it's pricey. The pix that are out show it with their quad tip exhaust. I currently have stillen CBE. I'm wondering if

Go Back   Nissan 370Z Forum > Nissan 370Z Tech Area > Exterior & Interior

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2010, 09:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
Base Member

Drives: 09 Solid Red 370z
CinZinnati is on a distinguished road
Default Zele kit and exhaust questions

I'm really digging the zele body kit...even tho it's pricey. The pix that are out show it with their quad tip exhaust. I currently have stillen CBE. I'm wondering if this would be an issue if I were to hypothetically get the zele kit. Would it look funny with dual tips...and will it even work? And if not, is there any reasonable way of converting my stillen duals to quads?
Thoughts?
Old 04-25-2010, 09:49 PM   #2 (permalink)
Track Member

Drives: 370Z (SOLD)
DannyGT has a reputation beyond reputeDannyGT has a reputation beyond reputeDannyGT has a reputation beyond reputeDannyGT has a reputation beyond reputeDannyGT has a reputation beyond reputeDannyGT has a reputation beyond reputeDannyGT has a reputation beyond reputeDannyGT has a reputation beyond reputeDannyGT has a reputation beyond reputeDannyGT has a reputation beyond reputeDannyGT has a reputation beyond repute

You can easily modifiy your stillen to a dual setup specifically for the bumper. It shouldnt be a problem to someone who deals with exhausts all day. It easily done...cut your current tips off and purchase a nice looking single inlet to dual out exhaust tips..
Old 04-25-2010, 09:58 PM   #3 (permalink)
Base Member

Nice..thanks for the input. I've never really been a fan of the quad tip, but I think the zele kit looks incredible, and I'm not sure not having the quad tips would do it justice...if its even possible which, I'm guessing it is
Old 04-26-2010, 02:38 AM   #4 (permalink)
oro
Base Member

Drives: G37S
oro is on a distinguished road

I would like to emulate just how the exhaust sounds. I love the sound.
oro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 07:11 AM   #5 (permalink)
Base Member

^ r u talking about quads in general or these this zele exhaust...I haven't heard it. But quads...yes I agree i love the sound. It reminds me of ferraris-still very agressive but at a higher pitch....at least it seems to me.
Old 04-26-2010, 07:19 AM   #6 (permalink)
Base Member

so i guess if i could throw a poll in here....what is everyone's fav body kit...even if they don't plan on getting one. I think my fav has become the zele. The only others I know of as of know are the nismo (even tho they say it only comes with the nismo z), amuse, impul, central 20, branew (most conservative)....well hell there are a bunch more...check 'em out at 370tune.com, i would love peoples feedback
Old 04-26-2010, 08:15 AM   #7 (permalink)
RIP Tony :( (1969-2015)

Drives: '14 Mustang GT/CS
2theextreme has a reputation beyond repute2theextreme has a reputation beyond repute2theextreme has a reputation beyond repute2theextreme has a reputation beyond repute2theextreme has a reputation beyond repute2theextreme has a reputation beyond repute2theextreme has a reputation beyond repute2theextreme has a reputation beyond repute2theextreme has a reputation beyond repute2theextreme has a reputation beyond repute2theextreme has a reputation beyond repute

Just remember one thing.....you can't weld a titanium tip to a stainless steel exhaust. I'm sure you, like me, love the look of the Zele "burnt" tips. I think you can still get the "burnt" look if you know of a place that can recreate the effect on stainless steel. I've wanted to swap out my Stillen tips but then realized you can't swap 'em for titanium.

Saw this statement on a Titanium welding website:

Quote:
If you weld titanium with anything other than titanium, you will hear the sound of the weld cracking like glass: tink, tink, tink… you can actually break the weld by tapping it lightly with a ball peen and man is it brittle.
I could be wrong about this so if I am someone please let me know.
Old 04-26-2010, 08:32 AM   #8 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z
Vegitto-kun has a reputation beyond reputeVegitto-kun has a reputation beyond reputeVegitto-kun has a reputation beyond reputeVegitto-kun has a reputation beyond reputeVegitto-kun has a reputation beyond reputeVegitto-kun has a reputation beyond reputeVegitto-kun has a reputation beyond reputeVegitto-kun has a reputation beyond reputeVegitto-kun has a reputation beyond reputeVegitto-kun has a reputation beyond reputeVegitto-kun has a reputation beyond repute

If I remember correctly the zele exhaust is the only one that fits the bumper since they were meant to work together
Vegitto-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 10:50 AM   #9 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 13' MB 370z
Zerafian has a reputation beyond reputeZerafian has a reputation beyond reputeZerafian has a reputation beyond reputeZerafian has a reputation beyond reputeZerafian has a reputation beyond reputeZerafian has a reputation beyond reputeZerafian has a reputation beyond reputeZerafian has a reputation beyond reputeZerafian has a reputation beyond reputeZerafian has a reputation beyond reputeZerafian has a reputation beyond repute

The opening is just wider. I dont think it would be completely out of the question to just leave your exhaust the way it is.

Big pic so you can actually see what the openings look like.

LC500 exhaust set uphttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bI7DiA43ZYw&t
Zerafian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 10:55 AM   #10 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Scoobaroo
phelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2theextreme View Post
Just remember one thing.....you can't weld a titanium tip to a stainless steel exhaust. I'm sure you, like me, love the look of the Zele "burnt" tips. I think you can still get the "burnt" look if you know of a place that can recreate the effect on stainless steel. I've wanted to swap out my Stillen tips but then realized you can't swap 'em for titanium.
yeah, the weld will just crack the minute you put a vibrational load on it. but you should be able to make a titanium sleeve, like the invidia system or something. that'll get you the burnt look on a stainless steel system. something that just ratchets into the steel siding so you can adjust how far out it goes, etc.

personally, single exit exhaust looks weird in that space. it's far too big. like others said, though, it should be pretty simple for an exhaust shop to slice off the tips and put a custom rig on.

凛 ('Rin') - 2009 Nissan 370Z
With silence comes peace. With peace comes freedom. With freedom comes silence.
phelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 04:28 PM   #11 (permalink)
Base Member

Drives: 2011 STi
STi 5 is on a distinguished road

Just have the shop rivet on titanium tips. The rivets could be behind the bumper opening so they aren't visible, plus if you get tired of them, change em with a stainless tip. Shouldn't be too hard, and pretty incog. That's how the titanium tip was on my STi's muffler, just 2-3 rivets and you are golden. Just my two pennies.
STi 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 08:07 PM   #12 (permalink)
Base Member

Welding quads to the tips would be sweet. I'm not sure I care too much about the burnt look, so titanium to stainless i guess wouldn't be a problem. I would be happy with stainless quad tips. It sounds as tho the bumper and exhaust are designed for each other tho...which sucks. The hole does look big enough to support my stillen CBE, but even if so, I agree it may not look right. The question is, can I just weld quads on my stillen exhaust and use the zele bumper? I'm really digging this kit, but no way I can scrap my exhaust for the zele
Old 04-26-2010, 08:12 PM   #13 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z
theDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinZinnati View Post
Welding quads to the tips would be sweet. I'm not sure I care too much about the burnt look, so titanium to stainless i guess wouldn't be a problem. I would be happy with stainless quad tips. It sounds as tho the bumper and exhaust are designed for each other tho...which sucks. The hole does look big enough to support my stillen CBE, but even if so, I agree it may not look right. The question is, can I just weld quads on my stillen exhaust and use the zele bumper? I'm really digging this kit, but no way I can scrap my exhaust for the zele
Yes you can cut your tips and do quad tips if you want this bumper.
Just find a shop that does exhaust work and when the bumper gets in, have them do some measurements and they should be able to handle it.
theDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 06:46 AM   #14 (permalink)
Base Member

^ this was really what I was hoping for. I think I'll try and contact a zele dealer and see if they can give me some info...I'll post info to the thread. I really appreciate the feedback. Just out of curiousity, I'm wondering what that will do to sound and HP. Not that a few HP either way is gonna make a difference, but I wonder if it will affect the stillen exhaust one way or the other??
Old 04-27-2010, 09:19 AM   #15 (permalink)
oro
Base Member

Drives: G37S
oro is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinZinnati View Post
^ r u talking about quads in general or these this zele exhaust...I haven't heard it. But quads...yes I agree i love the sound. It reminds me of ferraris-still very agressive but at a higher pitch....at least it seems to me.
Viddler.com - Zele Performance 370z Complete Edition Type-2 Exhaust Demonstration - Uploaded by GTRBlog

Thats the link to the sound clip, definitely sounds different than all the other options.
oro is offline   Reply With Quote