Nissan 370Z Forum  

Clear bra gone wrong?? pcs inside

hey guys. Please give me some kind advice. I have had my front bumper, hood and fenders wrapped in venture shield ultra. I had a certified installer do the work

Go Back   Nissan 370Z Forum > Nissan 370Z Tech Area > Exterior & Interior

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2010, 01:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
Base Member

Drives: g35 coupe
g35300mm is on a distinguished road
Default Clear bra gone wrong?? pcs inside

hey guys. Please give me some kind advice. I have had my front bumper, hood and fenders wrapped in venture shield ultra. I had a certified installer do the work and he used invisible patterns for the cutting. after giving the tape some time to cure i noticed many imperfections which i have emailed the installer about after emailing him the pictures. He said not to worry that he will take care of it. But really... what is needs to be done in order to get ride of these imperfections?

Thanks,

ps... what the heck are those blochy residue spots???
Attached Images
File Type: jpg blochy discoloration.JPG (168.8 KB, 70 views)
File Type: jpg blochy discoloration (3).JPG (239.7 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg blochy discoloration (4).JPG (494.3 KB, 61 views)
File Type: jpg bubble with something in it.JPG (253.2 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg discoloratin and large dust.JPG (133.9 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg more bloches.JPG (311.1 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg more peeling.JPG (428.9 KB, 52 views)
File Type: jpg more peeling (2).JPG (416.3 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg more peeling and bubbeling.JPG (546.5 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg peeling.JPG (210.4 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg spot with something in it.JPG (228.9 KB, 50 views)
File Type: jpg spot with something in it (2).JPG (249.0 KB, 22 views)
g35300mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 01:40 PM   #2 (permalink)
Xan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z 40th Aniversary
Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sorry to say, but that looks awful!

Looks like the didn't seal the edges either...

The only thing I think to fix that is redo it and the second time around prep the paint properly to get everything off, before putting on the protection..
Old 04-18-2010, 01:46 PM   #3 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370 Touring/Sport
fullmonty has a reputation beyond reputefullmonty has a reputation beyond reputefullmonty has a reputation beyond reputefullmonty has a reputation beyond reputefullmonty has a reputation beyond reputefullmonty has a reputation beyond reputefullmonty has a reputation beyond reputefullmonty has a reputation beyond reputefullmonty has a reputation beyond reputefullmonty has a reputation beyond reputefullmonty has a reputation beyond repute

Ya they did a real for **** job
Old 04-18-2010, 02:00 PM   #4 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '07 Z4 "M" Roadster
antennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond repute

I am sorry for you, because that install sucks! I had my first install removed and then a new bra put on by a pro, 3 hours away, because the first application was so bad........ and I think yours beats mine. That is horrible. My clear bra (second one by the REAL pro) is so good you literally cannot tell it is on the car. Product comes right to the edge of the fender wells, wraps over the top of the bumper and sits under the closed hood. The fang area is expertly covered as well. This guy did a hack job on you. Don't shoot the messenger here, I am on your side, this needs to be corrected!
Old 04-18-2010, 02:13 PM   #5 (permalink)
Base Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by antennahead View Post
I am sorry for you, because that install sucks! I had my first install removed and then a new bra put on by a pro, 3 hours away, because the first application was so bad........ and I think yours beats mine. That is horrible. My clear bra (second one by the REAL pro) is so good you literally cannot tell it is on the car. Product comes right to the edge of the fender wells, wraps over the top of the bumper and sits under the closed hood. The fang area is expertly covered as well. This guy did a hack job on you. Don't shoot the messenger here, I am on your side, this needs to be corrected!

i agree. thanks guys.
Old 04-18-2010, 02:17 PM   #6 (permalink)
Xan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z 40th Aniversary
Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute

This is what it is supposed to look like: Paint protection (clear bra) on 40th, with lots of pictures
Old 04-18-2010, 03:10 PM   #7 (permalink)
Track Member

Drives: 370z / '95 Supra
Marco_xyz is on a distinguished road

Mannnnn, hurts to see that. How much did you pay?
Marco_xyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 04:45 PM   #8 (permalink)
Base Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco@MRWorks View Post
Mannnnn, hurts to see that. How much did you pay?
$750 for hood fenders and bumper.

I just recieved an email response from the installer and he says he will be re doing the bumper for me.

Old 04-18-2010, 04:48 PM   #9 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 Corvette G.S.
370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like the crap job that poor bastard who had his entire 40th Anniv Z covered with had done by some butcher
Old 04-18-2010, 04:50 PM   #10 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '07 Z4 "M" Roadster
antennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by g35300mm View Post
$750 for hood fenders and bumper.

I just recieved an email response from the installer and he says he will be re doing the bumper for me.

Good deal. My first install, the bad one, the installer wouldn't redo it. The cost to sue him was more than the job itself, and more hassle, so I drove to Charlotte and had a real pro redo it and the outcome is perfect. But you know what, I know a lot of people in this town, and the negative rap I gave him will be worse than if he had redone my bumper.
Old 04-18-2010, 05:52 PM   #11 (permalink)
Base Member

Drives: 2010 PG 370Z A7
Nubz is on a distinguished road

After seeing the pics, Im nervous now because Im getting a clear bra put on my Z tomorrow. I hope my guy does a good job.
Nubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 06:38 PM   #12 (permalink)
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 10 Nissan 370z 4G M6
brakedrift12 is on a distinguished road

man... who the h*ll installed that clear bra? Was it the first time installing a clear bra for them or what? and they charged you 750?! It's good to hear that they are going to re-do the install. Hope they will do a good job this time
brakedrift12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 08:14 PM   #13 (permalink)
Base Member

Drives: 09 370Z BS T/S/N 6MT
kfscoll is on a distinguished road

I have a few very small bubbles on the edges of my clear bra and a few specs of junk underneath...but nothing like you have. Still, I got mine done at Ziebart which is a chain, so I'm just going to go to a different location to have it fixed. Plus, I only paid $500 for mine. The tiny specs underneath in spots don't bug me that much because it's probably next to impossible to prevent all dust from getting in, but the bubbles on the edges are bad because water could get in there. Anyway, good that you're getting yours fixed...as I will be doing. in the meantime, it's doing as intended...which is to protect the paint underneath! Mine's got a lifetime warranty, too -- so I can get it fixed anytime.
kfscoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 08:29 PM   #14 (permalink)
Base Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakedrift12 View Post
man... who the h*ll installed that clear bra? Was it the first time installing a clear bra for them or what? and they charged you 750?! It's good to hear that they are going to re-do the install. Hope they will do a good job this time

aha.. no i used aw cross link. They are a certified recommended mobile installer in canada on the venture shield website..
Old 04-18-2010, 08:50 PM   #15 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

it looks like the installer didn't use 50/50 alcohol with distilled water mix at the end to remove some of the water and soapy solution. the cloudy and small water traps will dissappear on its own, but the peel up he needs to use the 50/50 solution and try to push it down better.

it looks like a rushed job.
kenchan is offline   Reply With Quote