Nissan 370Z Forum  

about the maintance program?

well today i picked up my z and im super happpyyy thee question is that when i was talking to the financial manager at the end to sign couple papers,

Go Back   Nissan 370Z Forum > Nissan 370Z General Area > Introduction > New 370Z Owner

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2010, 12:24 AM   #1 (permalink)
Base Member

Drives: rsx typs
brickturtle is on a distinguished road
Default about the maintance program?

well today i picked up my z
and im super happpyyy

thee question is that when i was talking to the financial manager
at the end to sign couple papers, he was trying to get me to buy the maintance program thing,...
First he mentioned my warranty would be voided if i didnt follow certain routine and

Second also mentinoed that 370z only takes special engine oil which would cost 100 bucks outside but they have a flate rate or something

Third, he said that 370z will cause problems and warranty would be voided
if i would do regular synthetic oil changes at like jiffy lubes..

he said he would add 38 dollars to the monthly payment untill the lease would end would cost about 1120 dollars.

im wondering if this is a fair deal
and what he claimed was true
it sounded like a hell of a deal but i reallly dont want to spend
extra on something that i dont really need since im already on a
tight budget

so help me out guys@
brickturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 04:16 AM   #2 (permalink)
Administrator

Drives: 🔰
Trips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond repute

its like buying an expensive appliance? if your more comfortable then purchase the extended warranty if not don't worry to much about it, their trying to make a little extra money off you, and don't fall for the if you want the alarm shock glass sensor tactic, and as for the oil you can do your own oil changes with either ester the nissan oil or any other type of oil with ester in it. there just scare tactics.. Just follow the recommended scheduled maintenance and you're not going to void any warranty.... others can chime in on any thing i'm off on or what i left out since its 2:00 am....

http://www.the370z.com/payments.php

Last edited by Trips; 02-28-2010 at 04:22 AM.
Trips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 11:06 AM   #3 (permalink)
Supporting Nissan Dealer

Drives: 14 6MT Trng Spt Nav
koeppelnissan has a spectacular aura aboutkoeppelnissan has a spectacular aura about

Some finance managers scare the crap out of customers, you don't need to service your car at Nissan. Just keep regular maintenance receipts and you are fine. Congrats on your Z and change the oil every few thousand miles and you'll be fine!
koeppelnissan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 11:38 AM   #4 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Answers
SoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by koeppelnissan View Post
Some finance managers scare the crap out of customers, you don't need to service your car at Nissan. Just keep regular maintenance receipts and you are fine. Congrats on your Z and change the oil every few thousand miles and you'll be fine!
Rep point for dealer honesty!
Old 02-28-2010, 01:13 PM   #5 (permalink)
Supporting Nissan Dealer

Drives: 14 6MT Trng Spt Nav
koeppelnissan has a spectacular aura aboutkoeppelnissan has a spectacular aura about

Thanks! I've worked with some finance managers that will literally cost me a deal or money by trying to make more than they need to! I try to keep everything straight up and honest. Most of my business is referrals and repeat customers. I'd rather make a few hundred and keep a customer for life than a few thousand and have to spend a ton on advertising to bring in new customers all the time!
koeppelnissan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 08:02 PM   #6 (permalink)
Base Member

Drives: rsx typs
brickturtle is on a distinguished road

awesomme. thanks everyone!
and im just wondering how much the oil change would be for the 370 at
jiffylubes or someother stores...
i calculated the money and its basically paying 85 bucks for the oil change
if i got the maintance program
since i would run 3000miles every 2mnths and a half....
manager tried to scare me by saying most of the stores don't carry ester oil's
and i would end up at the nissan dealer anyways.....
brickturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 08:11 PM   #7 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370 Touring/Sport
fullmonty has a reputation beyond reputefullmonty has a reputation beyond reputefullmonty has a reputation beyond reputefullmonty has a reputation beyond reputefullmonty has a reputation beyond reputefullmonty has a reputation beyond reputefullmonty has a reputation beyond reputefullmonty has a reputation beyond reputefullmonty has a reputation beyond reputefullmonty has a reputation beyond reputefullmonty has a reputation beyond repute

You don't need to use ester oil. I did for my first one, but will be switching later on. I personally wouldn't trust jiffy lube. If you don't want to take it to the dealer find a mechanic you trust or do it yourself. Theres a ton of threads on oil, so just sift through them. You'll get more info on the acceptable oils then you will know what to do with. Congrats on the purcase by the way!