Nissan 370Z Forum  

Side Mirror Damaged by Touch less Car Wash

Took my car for a touch less car wash at Esso yesterday. The Arm came too close and hit the passenger side mirror. I drove the car straight into the

Go Back   Nissan 370Z Forum > Nissan 370Z Tech Area > Exterior & Interior

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By dts3
  • 3 Post By JARblue
  • 1 Post By OptionZero

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2019, 07:33 AM   #1 (permalink)
Base Member

Drives: None
Teerex is on a distinguished road
Default Side Mirror Damaged by Touch less Car Wash

Took my car for a touch less car wash at Esso yesterday. The Arm came too close and hit the passenger side mirror. I drove the car straight into the bay, parked in the center and not close to the side. There are two rails on the ground preventing cars from getting too far off front the centre. I was freaked out, how can a touch less hit a car... My car is a 2019 and only have 600KM.

Dealing with station manager to get them to cover the repair. He will need to review the in bay video first. I should have taken video, but I was in rush to open the window to fold the mirror so that it doesn't get hit again.

Anyone know how much it cost to repaint the side mirror? Anyone front Canada Toronto GTA can recommend a good body shop?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rps20190324_083036.jpg (66.3 KB, 90 views)
Teerex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 08:50 AM   #2 (permalink)
Track Member

Drives: 08 Expedition
dts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm surprised he even offered to view the video. You may have gotten lucky with this particular car wash owner. Most I've seen have signs posted that say they're not responsible for damage to mirrors, antennae, wipers, etc...
JARblue likes this.
dts3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 01:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck with the repairs. Congrats on the service manager acknowledging responsibility - that's very unusual.

As far as I'm concerned, this is just one more reason to never use a machine car wash... touchless or not
Memphis370Z, sx moneypit and dts3 like this.

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 03:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 15 370Z Nismo 6MT
OptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond repute

A few hundred bucks? Its not a big piece, and thankfully, its a freestanding part so i dont think you need to blend multiple panels

Alternatively - i bet you could find a junked Z in that color. Just buy a mirror and swap it in, should be easy for a shop, particularly if its all covered by insurance

the real solution would be to punt both mirrors and get some Craft Square mirrors

If that wash place is gonna give you a few hundred bucks just spring for the difference and get the craft squares for the hotness
sx moneypit likes this.
Old 03-24-2019, 05:51 PM   #5 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Goodbye Z!
Nixin has a reputation beyond reputeNixin has a reputation beyond reputeNixin has a reputation beyond reputeNixin has a reputation beyond reputeNixin has a reputation beyond reputeNixin has a reputation beyond reputeNixin has a reputation beyond reputeNixin has a reputation beyond reputeNixin has a reputation beyond reputeNixin has a reputation beyond reputeNixin has a reputation beyond repute

Call Frank at Erin Dodge in Mississauga, 1-888-698-6303, tell him Nick with the blue 370z sent you. Let me know how it goes.
Nixin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 07:24 PM   #6 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 15 370Z Nismo 6MT
OptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond repute

Short ebay browsing
looks like mirrors are about $80-100, not counting shipping to Canada

Thats probably cheaper than painting
Old 03-25-2019, 07:31 AM   #7 (permalink)
Base Member

Drives: None
Teerex is on a distinguished road

Thanks guys!
Teerex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 06:37 PM   #8 (permalink)
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2011 370z T/S
Asus_ has a reputation beyond reputeAsus_ has a reputation beyond reputeAsus_ has a reputation beyond reputeAsus_ has a reputation beyond reputeAsus_ has a reputation beyond reputeAsus_ has a reputation beyond reputeAsus_ has a reputation beyond reputeAsus_ has a reputation beyond reputeAsus_ has a reputation beyond reputeAsus_ has a reputation beyond reputeAsus_ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teerex View Post
Took my car for a touch less car wash at Esso yesterday. The Arm came too close and hit the passenger side mirror. I drove the car straight into the bay, parked in the center and not close to the side. There are two rails on the ground preventing cars from getting too far off front the centre. I was freaked out, how can a touch less hit a car... My car is a 2019 and only have 600KM.

Dealing with station manager to get them to cover the repair. He will need to review the in bay video first. I should have taken video, but I was in rush to open the window to fold the mirror so that it doesn't get hit again.

Anyone know how much it cost to repaint the side mirror? Anyone front Canada Toronto GTA can recommend a good body shop?
Which esso is it? so i can avoid it
Asus_ is offline   Reply With Quote