Nissan 370Z Forum  

Question for Auto Body Experts

is this type of damage repairable/replaceable? the firewall, the shock tower itself, and surrounding metal all seem straight. RHD shock tower seems to be about 15mm higher than the LHD.

Go Back   Nissan 370Z Forum > Nissan 370Z Tech Area > Exterior & Interior

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By AntiVenom

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2016, 06:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Track Member

Drives: 2011 KAD 6MT
AntiVenom has a spectacular aura aboutAntiVenom has a spectacular aura aboutAntiVenom has a spectacular aura about
Default Question for Auto Body Experts

is this type of damage repairable/replaceable? the firewall, the shock tower itself, and surrounding metal all seem straight. RHD shock tower seems to be about 15mm higher than the LHD. Car aligns to spec though.

I assume this piece is available and weldable, but i know just enough about autobody work to be dangerous. so i figured i would consult the forum.

Old 10-10-2016, 06:53 PM   #2 (permalink)
Base Member

Drives: '14 370z, 94 300zxTT
MadSciSnails is on a distinguished road

It is repairable. It would need to be measured to be certain there is no damage unseen. Then weld in the new clip after any necessary pulling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MadSciSnails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 08:20 PM   #3 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: WELL ZED PW 6MT
axmea? has a reputation beyond reputeaxmea? has a reputation beyond reputeaxmea? has a reputation beyond reputeaxmea? has a reputation beyond reputeaxmea? has a reputation beyond reputeaxmea? has a reputation beyond reputeaxmea? has a reputation beyond reputeaxmea? has a reputation beyond reputeaxmea? has a reputation beyond reputeaxmea? has a reputation beyond reputeaxmea? has a reputation beyond repute

Definitely repairable. Your alignment may look ok but panels will not fit. May have gaps. Needs to be straightened or your panels won't land right. It is either pulled back with hydraulics and then cut/weld in a new section or just pulled back to spec. There is a machine that is used to straighten it first.

>MyZ's Album< NISMO Convert/ECUTEK/Takeda CAI/F.I. HFC NR CB Carbon/F.I. 34 Row Oil Cooler/4.08 Final Drive /Powertrix+Swifts/Hotchkis/SPL/Whiteline/TWM/Zoom Engineering/EVO-R/AeroJacket Vented CF Fenders + CF Spoiler/Avant Garde-WORK/NST/Morimoto Halo/STi Clear Lenses/Carbon Signal Automotive/RJM Performance/ZSpeed Clutch Flywheel CSC delete
axmea? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 10:42 AM   #4 (permalink)
Track Member

Drives: 2011 KAD 6MT
AntiVenom has a spectacular aura aboutAntiVenom has a spectacular aura aboutAntiVenom has a spectacular aura about

Thanks for the input guys.

I sent the photos to a local body shop. As you guys said, should be repairable and not too terrible on the cost.

Believe it or not the misalignment of the fender, hood, etc was pretty minimal, but enough to send me searching.
MadSciSnails likes this.