Nissan 370Z Forum  

Prepping Poly or FG for vinyl

Got all the pieces of my body kit in and Im planning on getting the car wrapped. I know I need to prep polyurethane and I think fiberglass in some

Go Back   Nissan 370Z Forum > Nissan 370Z Tech Area > Exterior & Interior

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2016, 09:05 AM   #1 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 13' MB 370z
Zerafian has a reputation beyond reputeZerafian has a reputation beyond reputeZerafian has a reputation beyond reputeZerafian has a reputation beyond reputeZerafian has a reputation beyond reputeZerafian has a reputation beyond reputeZerafian has a reputation beyond reputeZerafian has a reputation beyond reputeZerafian has a reputation beyond reputeZerafian has a reputation beyond reputeZerafian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Prepping Poly or FG for vinyl

Got all the pieces of my body kit in and Im planning on getting the car wrapped.

I know I need to prep polyurethane and I think fiberglass in some way, before wrapping it, so that it sticks properly.

Iv taken random times in the past two weeks googling with no real luck finding an answer to my specific question.

My plan is to call the shop Ill be getting it wrapped at but until then I wanted to see if any one might know

thanks.

LC500 exhaust set uphttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bI7DiA43ZYw&t
Zerafian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 09:06 AM   #2 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Zerafian has a reputation beyond reputeZerafian has a reputation beyond reputeZerafian has a reputation beyond reputeZerafian has a reputation beyond reputeZerafian has a reputation beyond reputeZerafian has a reputation beyond reputeZerafian has a reputation beyond reputeZerafian has a reputation beyond reputeZerafian has a reputation beyond reputeZerafian has a reputation beyond reputeZerafian has a reputation beyond repute

and maybe someone will have better luck with a quick google search...I made my way through at least 5 pages and 20-25 links with no luck on finding the info I need.

Old 05-08-2016, 12:43 PM   #3 (permalink)
Base Member

Drives: 09 Nissan 370z M6
KrnAndy is on a distinguished road

Not sure about fiberglass, but a friend of mine wrapped his polyu after resanding it.
Might be able to get away with scoffing it, but not sure how well it'll stick with out of factory pu
KrnAndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 04:10 PM   #4 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2011 370Z Nismo
NorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond repute

Have you tried calling the shop who's going to wrap it and asking what they recommended?
NorthStyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 06:34 PM   #5 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthStyle View Post
Have you tried calling the shop who's going to wrap it and asking what they recommended?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerafian View Post
Got all the pieces of my body kit in and Im planning on getting the car wrapped.

I know I need to prep polyurethane and I think fiberglass in some way, before wrapping it, so that it sticks properly.

Iv taken random times in the past two weeks googling with no real luck finding an answer to my specific question.

My plan is to call the shop Ill be getting it wrapped at but until then I wanted to see if any one might know

thanks.
got that covered in original post