Nissan 370Z Forum  

Headlights OEM Projector/Shroud Question

I will have my headlights opened up and retrofitted very soon and I'm waiting for the new XC LED's to come in through The Retrofit Source for demon eyes to

Go Back   Nissan 370Z Forum > Nissan 370Z Tech Area > Exterior & Interior

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2015, 03:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
Base Member

Drives: 09 370Z Touring 6MT
moore.speed is on a distinguished road
Default Headlights OEM Projector/Shroud Question

I will have my headlights opened up and retrofitted very soon and I'm waiting for the new XC LED's to come in through The Retrofit Source for demon eyes to place my order.

Upgrading the shroud is not a possibility without excessive trimming according to TRS so I'm considering the following option to achieve the "Iron Man" look: placing a halo behind the shroud and putting 5-6 holes evenly around the rim of the shroud to bleed the light through the shroud.

My question is how difficult is it to get the OEM shroud off the projector and is there any room behind the shroud to do this?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ironman.jpg (89.5 KB, 17 views)
Old 06-10-2015, 03:40 PM   #2 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: PGraphite m6
FairladyZ10PG has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ10PG has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ10PG has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ10PG has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ10PG has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ10PG has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ10PG has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ10PG has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ10PG has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ10PG has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ10PG has a reputation beyond repute

DIY: Headlight LED's and blackout

this might help

FairladyZ10PG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 03:58 PM   #3 (permalink)
Base Member

Drives: 09 370Z Touring 6MT
moore.speed is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the link. That does help. Now just gonna search to see what the right size halo people are using for the front of the shroud for me to know what size to put behind the shroud for the Iron Man look.

I guess using individual LED's like the OP on the link you sent would be a possibility as well.