View Single Post
Old 06-26-2009, 11:59 AM   #5 (permalink)
Phimosis
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2013 911 4S
Phimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nogoodname007 View Post
that's actually gonna look cool once on the Z....next, paint the headlight housing black with pin stripe colour matched projector shrouds to match the rims!!

for some reason Knight Rider came in my head looking at ur rims
LOL!

Hopefully this will turn out still somewhat subdued. I am totally trying to keep it so it doens't look ricey. I originally wanted to machine the orange part so it was just black/machined aluminum, but no one in town had a 22" CNC machine and the ones that did in LA wanted 6 hours of labor for the cad/cam setup time because of the compound curve on the lip of the rim. Total machining cost would have been $600ish + the $400 for powdercoat. At that price, I might as well get aftermarket wheels and sell the stockers. I then thought about doing pinstripe, but just held off, fearing it would be "too much."

Then, MW Design came out with their "Darth Maul" M3 and it inspired me to move forward with the pinstripe:

After seeing this, I thought..... Hmm... Orange accents would look good on the wheels, headlight projector shrouds, wheel center caps,front/rear Nissan badges, air intake areas in front, licence plate recess in back....

On the wheel centers and Nissan badges, I'm going to gloss black the chrome part and go orange on the lettering.

Just takes time to get this all together....

Last edited by Phimosis; 06-26-2009 at 02:40 PM.
Phimosis is offline   Reply With Quote