View Single Post
Old 06-26-2009, 08:41 AM   #39 (permalink)
kannibul
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z Touring/Sport
kannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensi09 View Post
Break in period is overrated. I do believe it takes a little time until the brakes, clutch and tires are optimal, but I don't buy not revving past 4K.

Some actually advise on running the car hard to redline right away as it may yield more power and be healthier for the engine in the long run. Break In Secrets--How To Break In New Motorcycle and Car Engines For More Power

There is also some speculation, that break-in periods still exist to allow the new owner to get accustomed to the car which protects the car company legally.
Exactly, what's the difference between 4K and 7K to the engine?

Nothing...

I believe in breaking it in like I'm going to drive it...

I did take it easier in the turns...for me to get used the car, and also for the tires.

As someone who also has a motorcycle, new tires are SLICK. You have to put at least 25 miles on them before they get stickier. On a bike, you have to be careful on the corners until the wear area for how you ride gets worn in...

Anyhow...

One other thing - my MC has 13K on it now. From day 1 (with 8 on the odometer), I've ridden it like I stole it. It don't burn oil...

Last edited by kannibul; 06-26-2009 at 08:47 AM.
kannibul is offline   Reply With Quote