View Single Post
Old 03-20-2011, 09:48 AM   #4 (permalink)
Junkman2008
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2001 Corvette Coupe
Junkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan View Post
You can use a masterblaster, but to me it's not worth the money, unless you wash a lot of motorcycles.
Or cars and dogs too. I can definitely appreciate your opinion about the price because the thing ain't cheap. However, it is way better than compressed air for the reasons that Mike brought up and for the fact that the air is heated and you move a lot more volume with it.

Quote:
In my opinion you don't want to completely blow dry the car, just blow the water off, otherwise water residue will dry up on your paint.
Absolutely not. You do want to completely dry your car with it as that is what it is for. If you have water drying on the car then that's an issue with your water, or the surface of your paint is not in the condition that it needs to be in. It also helps to dry your car in the shade. I have never experienced the water drying issue that you speak of.

Quote:
An electric leaf blower works great after sheeting the water.
Blow all the water out of any holes and the main water from the paint.
Then wipe with a waffle weave MF towel and finish with some QD.

Pick up this one: Electric blower on sale at Lowes for $19.98
I agree. If finances are a issue, this is a major luxury item, especially if you are not using it as much as I do (2-3 times a week), or you are not trying to achieve flawless paint. It is not in everyone's financial budget but it is worth every penny. The Master Blaster delivers and I will be putting out a video of it soon. This is a car dryer of Ferrari proportions. Also as Mike pointed out, you need a heavy gauge outlet to use it. This sucker draws 18 amps when in use with both motors running. You need some juice to run this puppy full bore!

Last edited by Junkman2008; 03-20-2011 at 09:50 AM.
Junkman2008 is offline   Reply With Quote