View Single Post
Old 03-20-2011, 01:53 AM   #75 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

$1300 extended warranty for 84/100K through bank allows me to use my own mechanic and not have to go through the Nissan dealership. The coverage even has a provision to cover tire replacement if, through normal wear and tear, the tire or even the sidewall is compromised by an object not normally encountered while driving. Considering the cost of the tires and that the car frequents construction sites, I thought that coverage could potentially be very useful. Also, it's such a small cost considering what you're spending on the car itself. I would sum up to say if unexpected car repairs will really stretch your budget, get a warranty. If you plan to do significant mods and/or repairs yourself or if costs aren't a factor, then there's not much reason to get the warranty except maybe peace of mind for some.

On another note, the first extended warranty I purchased for a vehicle was for my used 2004 Accord 6spd. With the electrical problems it's had, the warranty has paid for itself about four times over (it went it in twice for about $1600 total just to fix the windows so they would roll up and down properly - of course, that's dealer service prices). In addition, there have been several other issues where it was just nice to drop it off at the Honda dealership and have them look it over and fix it without any hassle or costs.
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote