View Single Post
Old 03-20-2011, 12:09 AM   #1 (permalink)
cossie1600
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370, Leaf
cossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Any electrican, wiring problem

Hey guys,

Are there any electricians here? I am in the middle of converting a receptacle on my ceiling to a fan, the switch was powered by two three way switch in both sides of the room. If I recall correctly, the blacks were tied together with another circuit. The two white were screwed onto the silver screws while there is a white wire with red strip on the brass side. Well I tried to install my fan by wiring all the blacks together, then green, then the two white from the silver screw in the receptacle by themselves while the white with red wire went to the white wire on my new fan. The wiring worked except a light using power from it refuse to work with the new fan setup. When I pop the switch on, the deck light would shut off. Anyone have any idea? Sorry a little sleepy, it's late.
cossie1600 is offline   Reply With Quote