Thread: F14 fitment
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2011, 08:07 PM   #60 (permalink)
NISMOFO
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 370Z
NISMOFO is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedworks View Post
If you have the sports package brakes, I think with the 9.5, the least aggressive Forgestar will go is 30 (so it fits the brakes). I actually wanted 34, but had to go with the more aggressive 30 so they fit. Might want to confirm with Forgestar, but check with them.
Excellent point. I just checked my front 19x9" +24 Forgestars to my Sport brakes and at the lowest point, there is about 16mm of gap between the back of the spoke and the caliper. At 16mm, the spokes would be "on" the caliper...literally. All you really need is maybe 2mm of clearance.

I'm not 100% sure, but fairly certain a 19x9 and 19x9.5 Forgestar have the same spokes as far as concave goes. I think they just add or remove from the backside of the wheel (hub) which is why lower offset wheels can easily be heavier.

Here are some specs comparing my fronts to the ones I suggested to rarwz. Looks like the +40 on a 9.5" push the outside of the wheel 9.5mm farther in. So if the spokes are exactly the same between 9" & 9.5", I think that would leave about 6.5mm (or maybe 1 or 2mm less) of gap between the spokes and the calipers.

19x9" +24
backspacing 5.42"
frontspacing 3.58"

19x9.5" +40
backspacing 6.29"
frontspacing 3.21"

Variance (Inches)
backspacing 0.87" <<< Outside edge of wheel comes in (+)
frontspacing -0.37" <<< Outside edge of wheel comes out (-)

Variance (Millimeters)
backspacing 22.50mm <<< Outside edge of wheel comes in (+)
frontspacing -9.50mm <<< Outside edge of wheel comes out (-)
NISMOFO is offline   Reply With Quote