Thread: F14 fitment
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2011, 12:21 PM   #56 (permalink)
NISMOFO
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 370Z
NISMOFO is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rarwz View Post
Good call on the 9.5s now being avail!

If i change out my 9 for a 9.5 should I keep the +32 for a NON DROP?

Funds are coming in, so I am hoping to order sometime next week!!!!!
Tax return?

Yes for a STOCK height car that is going to be too much. What I have seen from your specs so far is that you are pushing the wheels farther out than a Nismo 370z and putting smaller diameter tires on. This is going to make the car look 4x4 because of how the gap will look and how easily the sun will hit the top edge of the tires. You might be able to see nearly 1/3 of the top of your tire tread standing next to the car whereas right now you see almost zero.

My thoughts for a stock height car without making it look funny (taller) or handle funny. Start with the nismo 370z specs. For a stock height car the nismo has good offsets and widths of 19x9.5 +40 and 19x10.5 +23 on 245/40 & 285/35. I think this should be your target "look" for the car. Once you start pushing the wheels out or making the tires smaller with 255/35 and 305/30 you will start wondering if you should lower it.

So with forgestar 9.5" and 11" the only thing you'd be changing is the rear width by an additional 0.5" (13mm). So just take that extra 0.5" and move it to the inside of the rear wheels. +29 rear offset on a 11" forgestar would give you a near identical look to a nismo on the outside.

Then there is the tire choice you have for stock height; I still think this is too small. Again, start with the nismo tires sizes and adjust from there, but try not to makes the tires any smaller. You're adding 0.5" wider wheels than a nismo so maybe go from a 285/35 to 295/35.

So my suggestion for stock non-4x4 looking specs on forgestar f14 would be:
19x9.5 +40 245/40R19
19x11 +29 295/35R19 (not a lot of tires choices here...BFG is one)

These are just my thoughts....its not right/wrong. If you want a more aggressive offset than a stock 370z nismo then I would start with the offsets I mentioned (+40 & +29) and subtract from those EQUALLY for the front and rear. If you want 5mm more aggressive than go with +35 front and +24 rear. Just know that the more you push them out the more the car will beg to be lowered.

I hope this helps. If you have a stock 370z you can see in person for reference that would be a huge help. Decide if you like the look. I'm not 100% sure if the suspension height is identical as a regular 370z though. I think the front is higher for bumper clearance. I know for a fact that the stock 350z nismo was taller than a stock 350z.

Last edited by NISMOFO; 03-19-2011 at 01:50 PM. Reason: Revised Rear Offset Specs to +29
NISMOFO is offline   Reply With Quote