View Single Post
Old 03-18-2011, 10:51 PM   #17 (permalink)
SeeyaBud86
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 PW 370z 6MT
SeeyaBud86 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndChance View Post
I want to buy this rear bumper but i live in Panama and I know there is a chance the bumper will deform during shipping. And I don't plan spending extra money on making it fit...

Was it a lot of work to make it fit nicely? what was needed to work on?
The actual fitment is great, but the bumper does require a lot of work if you want it to look like mine. The quality is there, but your installer will need to make some custom brackets. My installer is top-notch and usually works on Ferrari's, Porsches, Lambo's, Aston Martin's, etc. He just went over the top on quality. You can tell because the paint is near identical and that is very hard to do with the pear white. My installer also did another clear coat on the carbon fiber.

In the actual bumper itself, there is a part where the license plate frame is that was a huge hole. My installer created a mold from my OEM bumper out of fiberglass to fit in that area so it would be as close to OEM as possible. Not only does it look great with the plate off, the plate is tightly secured and doesn't vibrate.

He also made a custom bracket for the trunk opener which actually sits more flush than it did on the OEM bumper. I will try and get some pics of that for you guys tomorrow.
SeeyaBud86 is offline   Reply With Quote