View Single Post
Old 03-18-2011, 02:03 PM   #64 (permalink)
houkouonchi
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '14 GT-R '10 M6 370z
houkouonchi has a spectacular aura abouthoukouonchi has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromG2Z View Post
Indeed... entertaining. I gave my 2 cents, and hopefully didn't offend anyone, so now I will sit back and enjoy reading this thread....
You certainly didn't offend me. To be honest intent doesn't mean a whole lot to me when someone does things just like ignorance doesn't either (as is the case with the law).

The only type of road 'retaliation' I have ever done is spraying back when I got sprayed and flashing people with high-beams (which is pretty rare). I have maybe done what I did in the video on 3 other occurrences.

Rather than flash honk or do anything else it makes the most sense to me to do it back to them so if they are ignorant they will get the message that they are spraying **** on people driving behind them and will stop doing it. There is almost never a good excuse for doing it randomly like that as it probably could have been done *before* getting on the freeway or when someone is far enough behind you that it wont hit them (they have to be pretty far away).

I would honestly be surprised if it does not bother someone at all when this happens to them. Yes many will do nothing about it but at least I can say that person who I sprayed back certainly wasn't ignorant about what they did at least from that point on. Whether or not they keep doing it is anyone's guess.

I just hate it when people drive in a way that pays no attention to the consequences of other people on the road. Another example that was given is driving slowly in the fast lane (maybe these people would argue they are doing the speed limit? i duno?). Another one is people who are in the right most lane and stop at a stoplight and the lane has enough room for two cars but they stop in the middle of the lane so people can't turn right and have to wait through the light.

And of course there are the people that seem to have no idea that cleaning their windshield while driving at freeway speeds sprays a bunch of crap on the person that is behind them.