View Single Post
Old 03-18-2011, 12:44 PM   #889 (permalink)
Red__Zed
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Mostly on two wheels
Red__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4a1mustang View Post

We can't even put the gun, unloaded, in a locked safe in the vehicle if we go into DC/VA. Gotta be careful and plan your day accordingly.

I can't be out in Arlington then decide, "Oh, I need to go to DC or MD for something." You have to go home first, un-arm, then go back out.

I need to be careful about this if I'm out with my gf because she'll whine and say something like, "it's no big deal, no one will know" if she wants to go to MD/DC from where we are out in VA, but it is a huge ******* deal!!!
I'm pretty sure (and according to the MD state police) you can carry it in a locked safe if the ammo is not accessible.

Q. Can I legally transport firearms interstate? (From the MD State Police)
A. Yes, under Title 18, Section 926A, of the United States Code, a person who is not prohibited
from possessing, transporting, shipping, or receiving a firearm shall be entitled to transport a firearm
for any lawful purpose from any place where he may lawfully possess and carry such firearm to
any place where he may lawfully possess and carry such firearm if, during such transportation the
firearm is unloaded, neither the firearm nor any ammunition being transported is readily accessible or
is directly accessible from the passenger compartment. In the case the vehicle does not have a
compartment separate from the driver's compartment the firearm or ammunition shall be contained in
a locked compartment other than the glove compartment or console.
Red__Zed is offline   Reply With Quote