View Single Post
Old 03-18-2011, 10:18 AM   #2590 (permalink)
phelan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Scoobaroo
phelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon@AAMComp View Post
Champions League Quarter-Final Draw:

Real Madrid CF (ESP) v Tottenham Hotspur FC (ENG)

Chelsea FC (ENG) v Manchester United FC (ENG)

FC Barcelona (ESP) v FC Shakhtar Donetsk (UKR)

FC Internazionale Milano (ITA) v FC Schalke 04 (GER)

Looking forward to the Madrid/Spurs fixture, but I am actually happy we drew United. This is the team we are most familiar with, and I think we match up really well. Barcelona and Inter are as good as through to the Semi Finals, ha.

Speaking of which,

Semi-Final Scenario 1 - Inter/Schalke v Chelsea /Manchester United
Semi-Final Scenario 2 - Real Madrid/Tottenham v Barcelona/Shakhtar
Given the draw...I expect:

Semi-Final 1: Inter v. Manchester United (sorry John, I want the blues, but don't think they have the cajones to punt ManU out of the competition)

Semi-Final 2: Tottenham v Barcelona. Yes, Tottenham. Because as someone somewhere put it...Arsenal's season can't possibly get any worse.

Final: Inter v. Barcelona

Winner: Barcelona

If every Gunners' nightmare were to come through, though, Tottenham will win the UCL, and we'll be serenaded by "are you watching arsenal" until we get another trophy forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by igotcabada View Post
so who is going to be paired with koscielny now that djouru (sp) is gone? I was really hoping all along that vermaelen would make a miraculous return, but now that he is officially done we might be screwed
don't call 'em squilscielny for nothing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by igotcabada View Post
lol... I think its time Arsene goes out and buys a quality center half
Problem is Arsene is delusional and thinks he has quality center halves. And the thing is, he does. He just keeps forgetting they're all out injured.

凛 ('Rin') - 2009 Nissan 370Z
With silence comes peace. With peace comes freedom. With freedom comes silence.

Last edited by phelan; 03-18-2011 at 10:53 AM.
phelan is offline   Reply With Quote